• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bo doing a little flirting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No, unlike you I am not only capable but also happy to admit when I'm wrong. I thought Pedey was a great hire.

I've admitted a million times I was wrong on this site, so I'm not sure where you're getting the 'unlike you' part of the equation. Is it akin to 'I know you are, but what am I?' or 'sticks and stones may break my bones' or some other playground antic I'm not aware of?

Thanks guys, for reminding me why we put this in the rules.

It's been at least three years since I've seen someone make a new argument in one of these threads.

There's at least one new argument. Frank took one of the worst teams in history to their first ever bowl win. That's no small feat.

He's proved himself at every level. People who can't admit that Frank is a great coach are simply wrong, and stubborn.

There's at least one new argument. Frank took one of the worst teams in history to their first ever bowl win. That's no small feat.

He's proved himself at every level. People who can't admit that Frank is a great coach are simply wrong, and stubborn.

I think Frank is a great coach - as an assistant at Nebraska and as a head coach at Ohio U. At the risk of repeating myself, he couldn't even get the Minnesota job, and no school that would be considered a lateral move or a step up from Nebraska has been beating his door down. But what do they know, right?

Well, since this thread is 12 pages long maybe this will help it go to 24.

Here is why I wanted Frank out.

When it became a fact that something was not right in Huskerland, I wanted Frank to step down and just admit that being a head coach at Nebraska was just not working. So what does Frank do instead he fires two asst coaches that had just as many years in the husker system as he and back then I thought that this was wrong!

Now, the fact that Frank was fired along with his New Coaching staff was also very very wrong! But I guess I did not lose too much sleep over it because of the way that Frank dumped on the two of the coaches that he fired!

Did I want to believe in Peddy and BIlly??? sure I did, but I found out that that was wrong and thank heaven they are out of here!

Now those of you on here that want to bash me for not being a fan of Frank as a head coach go ahead, but the way Frank fired his staff was NOT the Nebraska way and I will always believe that!

I think Frank is a great coach - as an assistant at Nebraska and as a head coach at Ohio U. At the risk of repeating myself, he couldn't even get the Minnesota job, and no school that would be considered a lateral move or a step up from Nebraska has been beating his door down. But what do they know, right?

Well, looking at ADs like pedey, it's not shocking that many of these guys don't recognize talent.

And even good, knowledgeable ADs are going to be looking for someone they think can last at least 10 years at a program. When Frank was hired at 60 or 61, that was no guarantee.

No one is banging down Snyder's door, either. Is that because he's not a good coach?

By the way, Minnesota didn't have a coach opening in '05. Glen Mason was there until 2007. So... what are you talking about?

It's really hard to have these discussions with you without getting vacationed.

That said...Doc Sadler. Only a simpleton couldn't see HE'S not cut out for the job. So let's not talk like you have some sort of stranglehold on who is and who is not a coach "heading in the right direction".

Solich should not have been fired after 2003. That does not mean that he was absolutely on the right track. Fact is we will never know. What's happened SINCE? Obviously Callahan sucked. His suckitude still does NOT mean that Solich was going to get Nebraska back to where people think it should be. NU is where it is now. None of that other crap really means squat now. Those of you fearing that there is some groundswell to get rid of Bo are simply just paranoid or, more likely, diverting attention away from criticisms of him (there are legit criticisms) by flaming this "OH MY GOD!!! YOU WANNA FIRE HIM????" bullcrap.

:thumbsup:

I may have for practical reasons, such as what I've argued about the '03 firing of Solich, been ok (but not happy) with giving him another year or two, but I was vocal that calllllllly would never get it done and we'd have to suffer until a minimal amount of time passed. Many had similar feelings. They certainly didn't feel extensions for callllllly and pedey was warranted.... of course some on here did, right HnC?

That's exactly how I saw it. I was never impressed with Cally as a coach, easecially after that first season. Then all the pathetic chest pounding from his butt boys after the next two seasons was laughable considering that type of performance by Solich was inexcusable.

My hopes were pinned on getting rid of Pedey, and bringing in an honest evaluator to deem the worthiness of our coaching staff. Those hopes were pretty much squashed when Pearlman handed out unearned extensions to Pedey & Cally.

Even though I was expecting another collapse in '07, how things transpired was incredible. As far as firing Cally, I was ok if Osborne decided to give him more time because I knew the decision was made by an honest broker. I'm not convinced that he would have fired Cally if we'd have beaten CU in the last game.

When it became a fact that something was not right in Huskerland, I wanted Frank to step down and just admit that being a head coach at Nebraska was just not working. So what does Frank do instead he fires two asst coaches that had just as many years in the husker system as he and back then I thought that this was wrong!

This is factually wrong.

Now, the fact that Frank was fired along with his New Coaching staff was also very very wrong! But I guess I did not lose too much sleep over it because of the way that Frank dumped on the two of the coaches that he fired!

Again, factually wrong, but he actually fired 3 coaches (Darlington, Bohl and Barnes).

You also harbor more animosity than either GD or Bohl have expressed since the changes were made.

Did I want to believe in Peddy and BIlly??? sure I did, but I found out that that was wrong and thank heaven they are out of here!

Now those of you on here that want to bash me for not being a fan of Frank as a head coach go ahead, but the way Frank fired his staff was NOT the Nebraska way and I will always believe that!

Have you read the interviews that Darlington gave about the firing. Frank handled it in a very forthright manner. Do you think that every head coach should be locked into each assistant and should fall on his sword rather than being allowed to make adjustments?

This is factually wrong.

Again, factually wrong, but he actually fired 3 coaches (Darlington, Bohl and Barnes).

You also harbor more animosity than either GD or Bohl have expressed since the changes were made.

Have you read the interviews that Darlington gave about the firing. Frank handled it in a very forthright manner. Do you think that every head coach should be locked into each assistant and should fall on his sword rather than being allowed to make adjustments?

I stand by what I said. it's how I feel.

But I will admit that it has been long enough ago that if it was three instead of two then my bad.
Just letting all you great GREAT Husker fans know how the simple mind of the Skunk works!

When Frank was fired, he had a winning percentage at 74%. Same rate as TO and BD at the same juncture of their career. Talk about things not working. You would expect a head coach to quit, rather than adjusting his staff to bring in coaches that improve things? How many times has that been done in your world?

I stand by what I said. it's how I feel.

But I will admit that it has been long enough ago that if it was three instead of two then my bad.
Just letting all you great GREAT Husker fans know how the simple mind of the Skunk works!

It was actually one, if you mean people who had just as much time as a Husker as Frank (Darlington had been an assistant since '73... Bohl and Barnes were both at NU less than 8 years).

When Frank was fired, he had a winning percentage at 74%. Same rate as TO and BD at the same juncture of their career. Talk about things not working. You would expect a head coach to quit, rather than adjusting his staff to bring in coaches that improve things? How many times has that been done in your world?

By adjusting you mean firing Coaches who bleed Nebraska Red as much as the head coach? Then yes I was not pleased by how Frank did this.

It was actually one, if you mean people who had just as much time as a Husker as Frank (Darlington had been an assistant since '73... Bohl and Barnes were both at NU less than 8 years).

Not too many folks seem to get too worked up about Darlington being fired, in spite of the success he had at NU. I can understand to a point folks getting upset about Milt and Dan getting canned because of the tremendous success they had for 20+ years. But you would think the recruitniks that preside around here could recognize and understand they weren't travelling and were barely mobile at practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back