• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked No Dui for our center!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_48ea6bee-3ef2-5ff2-9a35-820f491a4019.html

I put this also in the other thread.

My question is this, if you are found slumped over your steering wheel, and you get it for reckless driving, then why do you get the DUI dropped?

This is a plea bargain agreement which many prosecuting attorneys use in cases like Caputo's. The suspect will plea guilty with no contest to reckless driving and the prosecution will drop the DUI.

This is a plea bargain agreement which many prosecuting attorneys use in cases like Caputo's. The suspect will plea guilty with no contest to reckless driving and the prosecution will drop the DUI.

But should it not be "reckless parking"?

It's a case where the law is looking for an appropriate charge and this was the one. In some cities the DA would have cited him for a broken tail light.

Last edited:
It's a case where the law is looking for an appropriate charge and this was the one. In some cities the DA would have cited him for a broken tail light.

Reckless driving while not driving is the appropriate charge? He was drunk and in control of a running vehicle. That's DUI for your or me.

Reckless driving while not driving is the appropriate charge? He was drunk and in control of a running vehicle. That's DUI for your or me.

And if you have a decent attorney, it can be dropped to reckless driving.

Do you have any proof that the current Lancaster County Attorney has a soft spot for the Husker program? Because I can promise you that I can find quotes from the previous county attorney that were not at all flattering towards Osborne or the Husker football team.

This stuff is funny. If this were a player at Miami or Texas everyone....EVERYONE...would be up in arms.

Whatever...best case scenario for the team. I don't care all that much really (what? me...enjoy a good debate?). Just find it a little inconsistent. People can look at it through their scarlet colored glasses and claim he wasn't "driving" and that's what makes it different than Baker's DUI but we all KNOW that he drove his car while drunk...he didn't get CAUGHT DRIVING but we know that the goofy scenarios like "his GF broke up with him so he went in, bought a sixer and pounded it in the parking lot" are simply complete bs.

And if you have a decent attorney, it can be dropped to reckless driving.

Do you have any proof that the current Lancaster County Attorney has a soft spot for the Husker program? Because I can promise you that I can find quotes from the previous county attorney that were not at all flattering towards Osborne or the Husker football team.

The previous county attorney is not relevant.

And a serious bodily injury hit and run "accident" by someone driving on a suspended license usually gets more than a diversion. Let's just say I have a bro who got nabbed for driving on a suspended license (didn't nearly kill someone...or even hurt them) and he didn't get "diversion".

Should still be suspended.

And my glasses are very much shaded red.

Last edited:

The previous county attorney is not relevant.

And a serious bodily injury hit and run "accident" by someone driving on a suspended license usually gets more than a diversion. Let's just say I have a bro who got nabbed for driving on a suspended license (didn't nearly kill someone...or even hurt them) and he didn't get "diversion".

I am very close to someone that was twice busted for driving on a suspended license, and both times got it reduced to a "no operator's license" charge... basically the same as forgetting your license at home.

It's not that difficult (especially for a first-time offender) to get a plea deal for a variety of misdemeanor charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back