• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Sugar Bowl: VA Tech vs. Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWVAHusker

Starter
20 Year Member
Somebody please explain to me how VA Tech which got destroyed yesterday gets in to the Sugar Bowl over a second Big 12 team? VA Tech didn't win its conference, got destroyed in the CCG, and the ACC is a significantly weaker conference than the Big 12.

I'm going to root hard for Michigan in this one.

Because the Big XII doesn't have respect nationally and the teams in the Big XII lack name recognition and excitement (with the exception of Oklahoma and Texas). Shows up in the fact that Okie Lite couldn't climb high enough in the polls to make the title game too.

That's why it's good we are out of that crap-hole of a conference. This costs the conference $10 million, I believe.

should have been K-st/Boise st! Why they have Mich/V-tech is whats wrong with the present bowl selection process. I will not watch the game, does it excite anyone outside of AnnHarbor and Blacksburg?? The only thing it does is more $ for the Big10.

VT is 11-2 and second place in their conference loosing to the same conference team twice. They are also ranked #11th in the BCS rankings with only OSU and KSU of the Big12 ranked higher. If OSU got a BCS Champ bid would you rather see KSU or VT go against MU. I'll be rooting for MU also. I think they will beat VT. I think Synder's boys are a tougher team though but how do they travel.........

should have been K-st/Boise st! Why they have Mich/V-tech is whats wrong with the present bowl selection process. I will not watch the game, does it excite anyone outside of AnnHarbor and Blacksburg?? The only thing it does is more $ for the Big10.

And that's bad why? It means more money NU.

I think I'll watch it, if I don't have to work.

It is all about Name Recognition and Traveling Fans. How else does a #20 Nebraska end up playing in the TOP Non-BCS Bowl. Everything fell perfectly in place for us (bowl-wise) this year. With UM moving up to the Sugar (once again name recognition and fans) and MSU recent visits to Orlando, Capital One was falling all over itself to get their fingers on those wallets from the #20 ranked red-clad fans.

Not that I am complaining. Once again thank you Big Ten!

Kst will have a huge turnout in Dallas and would have had a huge turnout in New Orleans, folks down here have been waiting for a big bowl game. Then again with my daughter in the band as a father I like the idea of her heading to Dalllas rather than New Orleans.

$ is the foundation for all the bowls. Each bowl committee tries to find teams that will fill the seats and gain viewers. Choices of two programs with a history surrounding their programs vs two team that have hype and resurrection surrounding their programs. Hype and resurrection would get the fans of the schools to tune in but history will get the fans of college football to view.

Most people think Snyder is national coach of the year. They're #8 in the final BCS. How many more chances does Snyder have? The powers that be should have shown him a little more respect, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back