• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WORLD SERIES

The Cardinals now lead 6-2 in the bottom of the 7th. The chances of Texas coming back to win this game are slim to none, though as BRD said, "It ain't over til its over".

It is getting a little closer to being over but not counting chickens until they are hatched.

Cardinals are the World Series Champs. #11 in 2011. The fireworks are resounding throughout the neighborhood. Big Red Dutchess and I are celebrating.

The Cardinals did it, they are World Series champs. Congrats to them and also to the Rangers for a great series.

Congrats to the Cards. What battlers they were. Who would have thunk it Sept 1?

Its amazing that they even got into the playoffs, let alone win it all. It was a great series. I think my conversion to Cardinal fan may be complete. St. Louis is a great baseball town. Congrats to the Cardinals.

The Cardinals did it, they are World Series champs. Congrats to them and also to the Rangers for a great series.

Amen. Twice, they were within one strike of winning the World Series, and didn't get it done. Nolan Ryan never won a World Series as a player. this must be particularly painful for him.

EDIT: I just responded to the wrong post. I guess I really am old.

Last edited:

Its amazing that they even got into the playoffs, let alone win it all. It was a great series. I think my conversion to Cardinal fan may be complete. St. Louis is a great baseball town. Congrats to the Cardinals.

I was at the game against the New York Mets on September 22. We went into the 9th inning leading 6-2 and lost 8-6. I gave them up for dead. Then Wednesday night, September 28 was one of the greatest nights in baseball ever.

Amen. Twice, they were within one strike of winning the World Series, and didn't get it done. Nolan Ryan never won a World Series as a player. this must be particularly painful for him.

EDIT: I just responded to the wrong post. I guess I really am old.

I hear ya about the Rangers and Nolan Ryan, a tough outcome for all of them to take after having it right in their hands in game 6.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back