• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Eat What You Kill

A market doesn't survive on dreams, it survives on competition and innovation.
Low income teams have dreams, up scale top dollar items aren't sold everywhere for a reason.
I would hope the Big and sec know this.

It is not historical, and kind of amazing and weird actually, that places like Boston College, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, etc. have gotten tens of millions of dollars poured on them in TV revenue that they plainly are not generating. When conferences were competing against one another for TV deals, it made sense to get your whole conference better. Now that the SEC and Big Ten have separated themselves, I am not sure why it would continue that programs get far more money from their conference than they bring in.
Does anyone in the NFL truthfully, bring to the table what the Dallas Cowboys bring in? No. Should the NFL give them a bigger share? Hell no. That’s why you have a league. With what I’m seeing, maybe Ohio State and Texas should form their own league of two? See how much the TV networks will pay them to watch them play each other 12 times? I mean, this is turning into a damn joke. Where does it end? Where? After everything is permanently destroyed?

I believe you just described in a nutshell what Dannen is referring too. Those who produce more will start demanding more. His CFP example where the B!G and SEC teams will make 21 million a piece and the ACC Big 12 will get 13 a piece per team demonstrates that. I believe that he is trying to say that even within conferences, the time will come where the revenue sharing will be higher for the top teams as you mentioned.
Keep it up, and they will lose a large audience. People will only swallow so much bull——. It’s really going to turn off many, sooner than later.

Does anyone in the NFL truthfully, bring to the table what the Dallas Cowboys bring in? No. Should the NFL give them a bigger share? Hell no. That’s why you have a league. With what I’m seeing, maybe Ohio State and Texas should form their own league of two? See how much the TV networks will pay them to watch them play each other 12 times? I mean, this is turning into a damn joke. Where does it end? Where? After everything is permanently destroyed?
You're going to see 36-40 teams that dominate tv. They comprise the vast majority of regular CFB viewers.

CFB has always been a league of 10'ish schools you know have a legit shot to win it all. I don't see that changing soon.

You're going to see 36-40 teams that dominate tv. They comprise the vast majority of regular CFB viewers.

CFB has always been a league of 10'ish schools you know have a legit shot to win it all. I don't see that changing soon.
Auburn wasn’t one of those schools. Neither was Clemson, until they were. I mean, many schools, have added to college footballs lore. Was Barry Sanders record that still stand, meaningless because his school is outside the big 2? The Stanford band? Texas Tech hanging 70 on Nebraska? It’s endless. What they are doing has damaged this sport forever. Soon, it will be unrecognizable. All for more stuff. Worth it? Doubtful.

Auburn wasn’t one of those schools. Neither was Clemson, until they were. I mean, many schools, have added to college footballs lore. Was Barry Sanders record that still stand, meaningless because his school is outside the big 2? The Stanford band? Texas Tech hanging 70 on Nebraska? It’s endless. What they are doing has damaged this sport forever. Soon, it will be unrecognizable. All for more stuff. Worth it? Doubtful.
Auburn is one of those schools. They come in and out of the 10 schools each year that can win. Clemson the same.

The rest was nice, but not NC teams.

I didn't say it was better, just that it's happening.

I think the pro model is more relevant. When you need leagues to function, you need many participants in the league - you cannot favor one or two endlessly as they use the favors to increase their distance, or soon you will not have a league. The MLBs and NFLs know that. Hence draft order, caps on spending, etc.
And you need a union with a collective bargaining agreement to make the draft, spending caps, salary limits, etc, legal from an antitrust perspective.

Last edited:
Keep it up, and they will lose a large audience. People will only swallow so much bull——. It’s really going to turn off many, sooner than later.
Well it seems like so far you are wrong because the things they are doing is creating more interest.

There is nothing about NIL and the Transfer portal that is diminishing interest. Just a bunch of Bull___ by some fans that don't want to be rational about the changes. Usually, the ones who feel their team is being left out.

Well it seems like so far you are wrong because the things they are doing is creating more interest.

There is nothing about NIL and the Transfer portal that is diminishing interest. Just a bunch of Bull___ by some fans that don't want to be rational about the changes. Usually, the ones who feel their team is being left out.
And college football is about to split up over it, probably leaving 50-60 programs in the dust. Once programs are eliminated due to finances, you’ll see that attendance fall. It’s not gonna happen overnight, but I can tell you, keep up the Wild West and it will be felt. Pointless to argue, as we are super far off. I don’t believe in wrecking 100+ years of history and tradition for money. Most, will sell their souls for money, I’m not in that boat. God is watching, every second.

What about European soccer setup?

Promotion/relegation as a basis. I don't think a yearly up and down, but those in the top power group make more money and goes down from there.

Thoughts and ideas?

I hope college football is still recognizable in the next 5-10 years because it is getting more challenging to watch all the changes to your favorite sport.

I hope college football is still recognizable in the next 5-10 years because it is getting more challenging to watch all the changes to your favorite sport.
I personally love the transfer portal. I have zero problem with NIL. All making Nebraska great again.

And college football is about to split up over it, probably leaving 50-60 programs in the dust. Once programs are eliminated due to finances, you’ll see that attendance fall. It’s not gonna happen overnight, but I can tell you, keep up the Wild West and it will be felt. Pointless to argue, as we are super far off. I don’t believe in wrecking 100+ years of history and tradition for money. Most, will sell their souls for money, I’m not in that boat. God is watching, every second.
Look at the history of cfb. Those 50-60 teams were nadda in the 70s and 80s and much of the 90s.
All those Florida teams, uab, usa, Memphis, there is so many that either didn't exist or weren't diddly then.
Another fact. There's slowly less and less alumni, so even the smaller schools are losing students.
To say this is what made college football great by almost doubling in size in 30 years just doesn't work.

It is not historical, and kind of amazing and weird actually, that places like Boston College, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, etc. have gotten tens of millions of dollars poured on them in TV revenue that they plainly are not generating. When conferences were competing against one another for TV deals, it made sense to get your whole conference better. Now that the SEC and Big Ten have separated themselves, I am not sure why it would continue that programs get far more money from their conference than they bring in.

They know they need those teams to stay somewhat competitive too. The only alternative is to drop them for other teams that generate revenue, and I am not sure any conference members would vote for that at this point. It would have to come to a point where the big dogs of the P2 decide to blow up their respective conferences and go off on their own together.

They know they need those teams to stay somewhat competitive too. The only alternative is to drop them for other teams that generate revenue, and I am not sure any conference members would vote for that at this point. It would have to come to a point where the big dogs of the P2 decide to blow up their respective conferences and go off on their own together.
Why do they need them to stay somewhat competitive?

If every week you have the best 40 schools playing each other that's going to drive tv watching. When it's Ohio State v. Vandy, very few are watching. BC v. NW? You're getting a few alumni and gamblers.

The schedules will be tougher and there will be fewer undefeated teams but the matchups will be all around better. That's why teams like AZ, Cal, Stanford, Ok. State, aren't going to get invited. Unfortunately, we will have the Northwestern's, Rutgers, etc... that are already in. They'll likely stay for a bit. Ideally you'd swap them for a Kansas or even Cincy, Ok. State type school but I don't foresee them getting the boot.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back