• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whats this stuff regarding Trev?

I hope not! But Amy is toast I bet!

Way too early, IMO.

Remember, everything you're reading now is plaintiff's side only. They're going to paint an ugly picture and hope to settle.

Question is, if they paint an ugly enough picture, does Nebraska move ahead in defense of the suit to clear their collective name? The coach involved in the relationship has already resigned, so that leads me to believe at minimum the relationship actually happened.

There are multiple articles out there but one explains that some of the members of the team “conspired” to catch them by having a guy impersonate Love to get a hotel room key and then entered and taped the two of them having a sexual moment. They then took it to Amy Williams which initiated the issues.

If this is true there are some serious laws broken here that I hope the athletic department didn’t cover up. Everyone of the persons involved in that illegal taping should have been kicked off the team and authorities notified. You simply cannot impersonate another individual to get into his room to videotape persons in a sexual act and then share it with others.

Last edited:

I'm confident that training (to one degree or another) is part of an Annual Compliance Training that NU (and most all organizations) require their workforce to complete to meet/exceed regulatory requirements.

Many times, the "violation(s)" will stem from how the organization responded (or didn't respond) to any concerns/complaints that were brought to their attention.

This onion will take a bit to peel back all the layers.

As to the 'Failure to provide Sexual Harassment training' allegation, I have a hard time believing that is true. In construction, where the is a decided lack of women involved, we've had Sexual Harassment training since the early 2000's. It's difficult for me to comprehend how a D1 University wouldn't have been doing the same much earlier than when this alleged interaction took place.
Just so there's no misunderstanding, I did not claim there was no sexual harassment training. Perhaps I didn't say it well but I meant I was confident they did have training in place.

Reading the article (as well as others available on the internet) this one sounds like it's destined to be a 'He said/She said' argument that will be difficult to definitively prove one way or another. Certainly Love was/is an idiot for either accepting or initiating advances and deserved termination. Williams reactions seem very odd, but again I think like with most things we're only seeing pieces of the puzzle right now.
In terms of how the relationship was established and conducted, I agree it's a he said/she said scenario.

If the team meeting took place as Scoggins claims, there are plenty of witnesses to how that meeting went down.

Just so there's no misunderstanding, I did not claim there was no sexual harassment training. Perhaps I didn't say it well but I meant I was confident they did have training in place.

I didn't read that in your post, but in several of the on line articles I read this morning. Her attorney is alleging there was no training.

The attorney is a well-known trial lawyer. I'm not sure if she's still as good as she was years ago, but she was well known/respected 15+ years ago.

I'm sure they approached the U and attempted to settle, it's very common practice. There is usually (but I don't remember exactly if it applies here) a procedure one has to go through first before suing a state entity.

Unless Trev did something really stupid, he's fine. Amy most likely as well. She might get her hand slapped, but I doubt much more.

Way too early, IMO.

Remember, everything you're reading now is plaintiff's side only. They're going to paint an ugly picture and hope to settle.

Question is, if they paint an ugly enough picture, does Nebraska move ahead in defense of the suit to clear their collective name? The coach involved in the relationship has already resigned, so that leads me to believe at minimum the relationship actually happened.
These are no win situations! Nebraska will get skewered in the court of public opinion. I don't think they will keep Amy under any circumstance now. Unfair? Most likely!

He's the face of NU athletics, this is a pretty standard part of his job (unfortunately or not).

I have no idea what the specific circumstances of this are (I think we all will soon) but either way it doesn't look great in terms of the national perception. I'll reserve comment on what I think about it..

Until proven otherwise in a court of law I have every confidence Trev never did anything wrong be it legal or otherwise. The man is way to smart to put himself in a compromising position that could jeopardize his life long sterling reputation and career imo.

Last edited:

Until proven otherwise in a court of law I have every confidence Trev never did anything wrong be it legal or otherwise. The man is way to smart to put himself in a compromising position that could jeopardize his life long sterling reputation and career imo.
The AD at Penn State got removed over the Sandusky scandal. He had excellent reputation also. I hope sincerely it doesnt come to this! Hopeful they can come to some kind of settlement!

How about we all simmer down. The "truth" will never come out. Neither party wants that. All we have thus far is a one-sided narrative provided by an attorney who is representing her clients interests and conveniently that representation often comes with a hefty paycheck.

On one side you have a moron coach and on the other you have a woman claiming victimhood. I have sympathy for neither.

They'll settle. This publicity is nothing more than legal extortion to increase the plaintiff's payday.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back