• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Little League World Series - Kearney, NE team

LingonVin

All American
15 Year Member
For those baseball fans. The Kearney, Nebraska 12 year old team is playing in the Regional Finals at 6:00 P.M. CST. The game will be shown live on ESPN tomorrow (Saturday Aug. 13th). If they win the game against a Rapid City, SD team they will advance on to the Little League World Series.

Good Luck to the Kearney team!

Sorry, got to pull for Rapid City in this one... My nephew is their lead off batter and second baseman.

Last edited:

Should be good game. They played once during the round robin with SD winning 3-2. Kearney has solid pitching and fantastic defense... They have only allowed 8 runs during the regional tournament. SD has solid bats throuh the entire lineup but can struggle a bit with breaking balls.

NE has never made the LLWS and SD has only made it once (2008).

Here is a good preview of the game:
http://insidedakotasports.com/inside-the-midwest-regional-championship

No, according to the article in the Kearney Hub, this would be the first Nebraska team to make the LLWS. The SD team is very good and could win the game with their talent. It's going to be a great day for both teams.

http://www.kearneyhub.com/sports/local/article_ffa1fce0-c56f-11e0-977f-001cc4c002e0.html

Last edited:
For those baseball fans. The Kearney, Nebraska 12 year old team is playing in the Regional Finals at 6:00 P.M. CST. The game will be shown live on ESPN tomorrow (Saturday Aug. 13th). If they win the game against a Rapid City, SD team they will advance on to the Little League World Series.

Good Luck to the Kearney team!

Sorry, got to pull for Rapid City in this one... My nephew is their lead off batter and second baseman.

Very cool on both accounts. Good luck.

Kearney must be taking lessons from NU. The Kearney pitcher hit a batter with a pitch, and he came around to score. South Dakota leads 1-0 after 1/2 inning.

The next batter grounds out, but the first baseman threw wildly to 3rd, and the baserunner scored on the throwing error. The score is tied 1-1 with 2 down in the bottom of the 1st.

Sorry, I had an interruption. Kearney still leads 2-1 in the bottom of the 2nd. Kearney has the bases loaded with 1 down.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back