• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Off season so……

The board is slow so……How long before we start nicknaming Dylan “The Doctor” or “Doc”
Lol. I just said that exact thing over in the Who Starts thread then opened this one. You're definitely first. :)

You're right, offseason is slow. Gonna seem even slower because I want the Spring game to come fast.

Last edited:
The board is slow so……How long before we start nicknaming Dylan “The Doctor” or “Doc”

Now!

The Doctor is in the house! He is going to accurately diagnose the coverage and surgically implant the football into the end zone into the waiting hands of our receivers allowing our football program to quickly recover restoring vitality and quality of life for all Husker faithful.

Every offseason now get longer and longer than the one preceding it. We have had severe changes the last few years anyway!! Every time makes the offseason just drag along. This is when I worry about the police blotter!

Totally agree on the police… the off season is the time you'll see an MIP, DUI, or weed ticket, all distractions for the player and team.

Ya just hope the guys are watchin out for each other, and not putting themselves in harms way with women or substances.

This is when I worry about the police blotter!
You might be interested in following the Fulmer Cup standings this off-season.

The Fulmer Cup is awarded to the NCAA football team that leads the nation in criminal incidents during the off-season. (Our good friends, the Colorado Buffaloes, won it in 2016 -- a true off-season national championship.)

The “award” dates back to the mid-2000s when some Florida fans started it in “honor” of Philip Fulmer, then coach of rival Tennessee. They had a site called Every Day Should Be Saturday, since picked up by Reddit, which now manages the Fulmer Cup standings. The award period begins the minute after the national championship game ends and ends the minute before the first game of the next season.

Points are awarded based on the criminal misconduct of a team’s players or coaches, and are scaled to the severity of the offense. For example, a petty misdemeanor is worth only one point, while murder will get you 20 (15 for attempted murder – “partial credit for incomplete”). DUI is worth three, though “driving through houses drunk” charges may earn extra credit. The ultimate points-getter is cannibalism, worth 25, though no one to my knowledge has ever achieved this potential max.

There are some restrictions. For example, the Ellis T. Jones III rule prohibits any one player from singlehandedly winning the award for his entire team. ETJ III was a San Jose St. player who got so many points on his own one year that he outscored the collective efforts of every other team. However, there is the Ellis T. Jones III Award for Individual Achievement, given to player with the highest personal point total in the Fulmer Cup race. It’s pretty much the off-season Heisman.

Last edited:
He reminds me of Pac Man Jones, the judge once referred to him as a ONE MAN CRIME WAVE.

Gotta wonder how Thug-U (miami) ranked back in the day ?

He reminds me of Pac Man Jones, the judge once referred to him as a ONE MAN CRIME WAVE.

Gotta wonder how Thug-U (miami) ranked back in the day ?

Wait, what? Dylan Raiola reminds you of Pac Man Jones? How did we get to this in just a couple posts? I need a beer…

Wait, what? Dylan Raiola reminds you of Pac Man Jones? How did we get to this in just a couple posts? I need a beer…
I believe he was referring to Ellis T. Jones III.

BTW, I just learned that the Fulmer Cup is no more. It ended after the '19 season. Apparently COVID put an end to it. Here's a list of all the winners. Rutgers is the only repeat winner -- fitting for North Jersey. Just like the regular season, the SEC dominated the standings, once winning four straight. (Makes you wonder how academically prestigious Vanderbilt got down in the mud like the others. Wasn't James Franklin their coach then?)

2019 Bryant (who?)
2018 Rutgers
2017 Alcorn State
2016 Colorado
2015 Rutgers
2014 Cal Poly
2013 Vanderbilt
2012 Arkansas
2011 Auburn
2010 Georgia
2009 South Florida
2008 Alabama