• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Making a Last "Minute" Push To Flip 5* QB Dylan Raiola

This all reminds me of the quote from Barry Switzer about how you win football games. Complete this sentence Husker fans: “It’s not the X’s and O’s, it’s the ________________________.”

I think it depends on several things ... did something really happen at Georgia to impact DR's belief Athens is the right place for him? If so, did it have anything to do with them bringing in another QB, or going to the Portal?

Is there an expectation from the Raiola camp that DR starts? Personally I don't think so - I don't think they are wired that way. I believe there should be an expectation that DR should be able to compete for QB1, but how does that align with what the McCord camp is looking for?

Lots to play out here. But, to me it is very good sign DR is visiting for 3 days this weekend.

The impact would be significant. I'll be interested to see how some other things play out the next few days as well ... by all accounts, DK is very close to Carter Nelson, as some on this site have indicated in recent weeks. Would DK getting recruited over have any impact on guys like Nelson, or his Bell West teammates?

Fun times.
Have heard that certain promises had been made,then when the Raiolas were on UGA campus last week they were told "sorry" but things have changed a little. Hearing its more about feeling like they were not dealt with honestly previously in the process So a call was made to see if the door was still open.

Last edited:

Have heard that certain promises had been made,then when the Raiolas were on UGA campus last week they were told "sorry" but things have changed a little. Hearing its more about feeling like they were not dealt with honestly previously in the process So a call was made to see if the door was still open.

Feeling lied to makes more sense than this being strictly about the money.

He had no problem committing to Ohio State when McCord was there.

It mat only be one of these guys. That's a lot of $ to pay someone to be on the bench.
I am hearing its more about feeling misled more than money. Its kind of like the girl you wine and dine,make her believe you are filthy rich and the day before the wedding she finds out you are flat broke and the Mercedes is the one you drive your boss around in at your day job.

I understand the feeling of loyalty, I really do, but this is the level of competition we need.

Let me ask it this way, if we have a shot at the number one high school QB next year should we go after him? Of course. Every year. Get the best possible players and compete. Danny is an elite 11 QB. He can compete.
I’m aware, that’s why I said you probably have to take him. I don’t have a good feeling about this, but we shall see how it all works out.

Welcome to another episode of . . . As The Recruiting World Turns!

What we discovered last time, Dylan Raiola had broken the hearts of Husker fans everywhere by . . . gasp . . . committing to the #1 program in the country, Georgia.

But then out of the blue . . . he is back in play. Is he going to commit to Big Red?

And what about McCord. Would Raiola affect McCord’s decision?

How about Fleming the WR by the way?

And what about Kaelin? The verbal commit who spurned Missouri for the Big Red. Will he still want to come play for Big Red now?

And what about HH? Does anyone care anymore?

And what about Purdy? What will he do?

And what about the fans who cried, “Dylan was just using us? Toying with us? He never really was sincere!” Will they embrace the recent turn of events?

Or will he spurn us yet again and they cry out . . . “When will we ever learn?”
Boohoohoohoohoohoohoohoo.

And what about the fans bemoaning the $15 an hour OL coach who just happened to have the same last name as Dylan? Why keep “Uncle Donny around when he couldn’t even recruit his nephew. We all KNOW that’s the only reason he was here in the first place?” Will those fans give up their misguided ways.

And what about Georgia? They lose one game in three years and THIS happens to them? Will their fans embrace NIL now that obviously Nebraska sinisterly bribed Dylan to Nebraska with obvious NIL? Can a program that has never, ever, ever, ever tempted prospects with NIL money learn to embrace the evils of NIL?

Will the Fong Bomb be right about Dylan YET AGAIN?

And what about all those prospects who turned away from Nebraska when Dylan spurned Nebraska so cruelly the last time?

Nebraska needs a running back. What about Nate Frazier? Another Georgia commit and buddies with Dylan.

And what about Kewan Lacy who decommitted? Nebraska is still recruiting him. Might he reconsider?

And what about Carlon Jones, the key DL prospect that decommitted but NU is still trying to get back in the boat and doesn’t really have a recruit in play to replace? Would this move the needle at all for his recruitment.?

And what about that guy with the weird, hard to pronounce name? You know the pass rusher that is the brother of a current freshman D-Lineman? What about him too?

And while we’re at it (and being greedy), why not Brandon Baker? He loved NU but took a Texas offer instead. Could Nebraska’s evil NIL money tempt him away from the Horns—another program too pure and clean to dabble in NIL nonsense? Just like Georgia!

For these and other questions, tune in next time for another episode of . . . As The Recruiting World Turns!

Brought to you be the good folks of NIL. Remember, donate to NIL. NIL is good.
Every team in the SEC “embraced NIL money” decades ago, before NIL became “official”.

The chances NU “outbid” Georgia are zero. When James Cameron sits in his sky box for every home game, money isn’t an issue.

Last edited:
Interesting. That could definitely be true. Friend of mine is a diehard Georgia fan… I wouldn’t call him an insider by any means but what he shared was that Raiola was basically promised QB1 when Beck leaves. On his most recent visit, they told the Raiola’s that they could no longer make that commitment and that he’d now have to compete with Gunner Stockton and Pugilisi. The implication here being that Beck’s stock blew up this year and he might leave so Raiola would have to beat out a RS-Soph after believing he’d have a chance to RS. I don’t know that it’s so much a concern about competing but rather the deception around it.

The flip side for Nebraska is that there is virtually no QB competition currently. They are likely going to bring in McCord for this next year, let Raiola keep his RS, and then he’d need to beat out Kaelin (if he sticks with us - which I hope he does) in 2025. On top of all that, the program will always have a special place for their family (thanks largely to TO) and they saw enough progress this year to believe in what Rhule is bringing.

I’m piecing things together from folks on both sides but seems incredibly promising and yet still entirely shocking.
Georgia feels very good about Gunner Stockton, so that part definitely makes sense.

This is absolutely shocking!
I expected that something would happen at the qb coaching position. I didn’t expect the choice to (maybe) be Christensen, but people forget Rhule tried to add Peetz last year and it didn’t work out. I don’t think Rhule stands on the sideline, then studies film and combs through stats and performance rankings and concludes “we’re fine.” If fans grasp the issue, chances are good he’s a step ahead.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back