• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Portal talk

Wow you mean we had TWO threads about goats on the football forum?
Heated-adorable-argument-with-baby-goat GIFs - Get the best ...
LOL, sheep instead of goats, but I suppose we need to get back to the portal.

It would be funny if K State got our QB through the portal, and then we get theirs.

That was my son in law, I said don't get between them. He was helping me move them to their pen after being put together. Problem is when first put back together all they want to do is fight. Usually they both back up so there is about 30 yards between them, and then it's a head on collision as fast as they can go. You could probably be a half mile away and hear the crack when they hit. Fortunately they settled down after 30 minutes or so and no one got hurt too bad.
View attachment 102843
Gotta be targeting. Sit next game. Both of them.

The list of “can’t miss” high * guys that just need a fresh start is a mile long and can be found by rummaging through the bottom of the trash can underneath the used tissue full of tears.
Sure, I’m not against throwing a few darts but better do your homework better than what we have done recently.
Where your gonna find more success is not highly rated guys moving down the pecking order (Tyreke Johnson, mj Sherman, Corey collier, arik Gilbert…) but moving up (toure,
Billy kemp, Ben Scott)
We have no farther to look than our own transfer out to verify. Who among them turned out to be good ??

Going up:
Wan’dale Robinson
Adrian Martinez
Earnest Haussmann

Going down:
Keyshawn johnson
Tristian gebbia
Joe dailey
Harrison beck

Yes, exceptions exist, see trey Palmer and umm.. trust me there are some. But point is, guys that can play don’t move down and unfortunately, Nebraska is near the bottom currently.
Luke McCartney had great year at rice
Casey Roger’s has done well at Oregon

That was my son in law, I said don't get between them. He was helping me move them to their pen after being put together. Problem is when first put back together all they want to do is fight. Usually they both back up so there is about 30 yards between them, and then it's a head on collision as fast as they can go. You could probably be a half mile away and hear the crack when they hit. Fortunately they settled down after 30 minutes or so and no one got hurt too bad.
View attachment 102843

Gotta be targeting. Sit next game. Both of them.

belichick-flag-1.gif

Last edited:
The list of “can’t miss” high * guys that just need a fresh start is a mile long and can be found by rummaging through the bottom of the trash can underneath the used tissue full of tears.
Sure, I’m not against throwing a few darts but better do your homework better than what we have done recently.
Where your gonna find more success is not highly rated guys moving down the pecking order (Tyreke Johnson, mj Sherman, Corey collier, arik Gilbert…) but moving up (toure,
Billy kemp, Ben Scott)
We have no farther to look than our own transfer out to verify. Who among them turned out to be good ??

Going up:
Wan’dale Robinson
Adrian Martinez
Earnest Haussmann

Going down:
Keyshawn johnson
Tristian gebbia
Joe dailey
Harrison beck

Yes, exceptions exist, see trey Palmer and umm.. trust me there are some. But point is, guys that can play don’t move down and unfortunately, Nebraska is near the bottom currently.

Luke McCartney had great year at rice
Casey Roger’s has done well at Oregon
Let me try to clarify again what I’m suggesting here as this was from thread from months ago.
Everyone seems to get excited about the highly rated transfers from the Alabama, Auburn, Ohio State….( schools that are simply higher on the totem pole than Nebraska right now)
Seldom do we get exited about the kids from (Montana, UNO, coffeyville) yet after reviewing it, Samori Touri, mark schellen and Mike Rozier have far exceeded thst of Stephon Wynn, Jonathan Rose, tyreke Johnson.
So after a few moves Luke found a home… ultimately in a “ move down” mccaffery did well. I’d say that has been the exception. He did not initially do well moving down. He had to make how many down moves to find success.
Rodgers “moved up” and did well. In my opinion that is much more likely of a senerio.
With the portal becoming such a big part I’d imagine bucking this trend will be much more frequent but historically it has not.

Last edited:
On3 lists him a $2.7M, but the answer is no one truly knows. It is mainly an estimate of what people think he is making based on his brand deals, what he gets from USC, and what his social media presence can generate. It wouldn't surprise me if he made more than that, it also wouldn't surprise me if he made less than that.
What does he get from USC? I wasn't aware schools could pay athletes NIL money in any way.

You’d be wrong about that. He said 6 or 7 million dollar players.

I know it hard for you all to realize the massive dollars being thrown around. It’s the new reality.

A million gets you Sims caliber.

Kaleb Williams Wendy’s deal is massive with another USC heisman in it. He’s having to question turning pro.

Why wouldn't Wendy's keep paying him if he's in the NFL?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back