• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Maryland Game Thread (11/11/23)

Debatable. I've seen it a thousand times in college football. NU is just a pathetic program that can't execute. They're awful. I've been saying it for years, they will never recover. If Bo could have controlled his temper who knows where they would be today but no one of any caliber wants to play at NU.
which is exactly why that play never should've been called. Run up the middle and take the FG

I respect your opinion, but if you think Satterfield's playcalling has been anything but horrible, you're either A) delusional, or B) in denial. And THAT is a fact.
Go on YouTube and watch some nebraska reaction videos and you'll find yourself in the minority. People are praising him. NU just has no athletes.

We do this and we win.

I said the same thing a few weeks back when OU closed the 1st half against KSU with 17 straight runs. The response? "No, we have to throw to keep the defense honest" -- the same people who at the beginning of the game said our run game was ineffective and we were only getting 1-2 ypc

Well that was Absolutely Awful! NU has to have the 3 worst QB's in College Football on Any & All levels!

At least I have a hot date to look forward to at a local winery and then dinner. That will easily get my mind off that dumpster fire of a game I just viewed. Geesh!! Gotta find the silver lining somewhere. :)
I expected us to lose and this will still eat at me. 5-3 to missing a bowl is a real possibility and it kills me.

And if it worked people would be praising him. Thankfully no one of any importance pays attention to some worthless football forum.
So you are saying that there are no bad play calls - because it "might have worked"? So, if you are playing blackjack and you hit on 18 because it "might have worked" that's a good decision? It's the exact same scenario here. Play the odds, kick the field goal and move on. BTW - I am not saying that anyone should listen to me on a worthless football forum. I am saying that based on the entire season of horrendous offensive football (we might be as bad as Iowa's offense), that coach Rhule should consider letting him go. Our QB development has been non-existent.

Last edited:

382 yards given up by the defense. 5 turnovers. We all should be thankful we only lost by 3. Why the &%#% are we passing on 3rd down with a 3rd string quarterback in the red zone with a tied game?

Because Marcus Satterfeld has "his system" and he's going to call it regardless of personel, down, distance and winning or losing. Satterfeld's system is a pro-style pass first West Coast Offense system.

For whatever (IMO stupid) reason, he and Rhule thought Sims could run that system better than Thompson. Which is why they got him out of the portal. When Sims showed up in Lincoln, they belatedly realized they were wrong and retooled the offense during the summer. But Satterfeld's still a pass-first WCO offense guy. An OC or DC is always going to "default" to what they've called their entire coaching career, because that's what they believe in.

Has anybody looked at how many games Baylor and Temple should have won Rhule's first season? Like, did they potentially lose some games because of boneheaded coaching decisions? These kind of coaching/playcalling decisions may be why both of those programs didn't win Rhule's first year.

At times, there clearly is a massive disconnect between Rhule talking about adapting his offense to his personnel and Satterfeld's play calling.

IMO, Rhule's got a very serious problem, and it could quickly torpedo his entire "rebuild." The Husker defense started to play with more heart and passion under Chinander. Tony White's come in and built on that so they're playing with heart, passion, and better communication and tackling. If the talent continues to improve, this defense can be elite. All they need is an offense that can "manage the game" Iowa's been winning games like that for five or six years! Not only is the offense unable to manage the game, they actively harm the rest of the team.

Last edited:
So you are saying that there are no bad play calls - because it "might have worked"? So, if you are playing blackjack and you hit on 18 because it "might have worked" that's a good decision? It's the exact same scenario here. Play the odds, kick the field goal and move on. BTW - I am not saying that anyone should listen to me on a worthless football forum. I am saying that based on the entire season of horrendous offensive football (we might be as bad as Iowa's offense), that coach Rhule should consider letting him go.

He has? Rhule hired him so it's not like he volunteered to come to this dumpster fire program. Who'd you replace him with and how much? NU is NOT the place coaches are dying to come to. Those days are long gone.
there are plenty of young enthusiastic OCs out there who would happily take a giant pay raise

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back