• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CT didn’t want to leave

juju

The future starts now.
5 Year Member
Screenshot_20230919_071012_Instagram.jpg

I still think MR did the right thing given our line is a work in progress.

There's no way I'd ever believe we forced him out, doesn't sound like something Rhule would do, and more importantly it doesn't make sense.

I think you need to look no further than his dad to figure out who 'forced him out'.

He still has designs on Casey being an NFL QB and being in a battle for playing time with someone with a completely different skillset and for a coach who was taking the offense in a different direction didn't smell like 'Creating draft worthy stats' to Charles.

I don't know how this season would have played out with Casey here, but I would have been a lot more comfortable with him in the room as an option. We've had some guys open, just can't seem to consistently get them the ball. That said, he's not running Read Option 15-20 times a game and staying healthy.

I think you need to look no further than his dad to figure out who 'forced him out'.

He still has designs on Casey being an NFL QB and being in a battle for playing time with someone with a completely different skillset and for a coach who was taking the offense in a different direction didn't smell like 'Creating draft worthy stats' to Charles.

I don't know how this season would have played out with Casey here, but I would have been a lot more comfortable with him in the room as an option. We've had some guys open, just can't seem to consistently get them the ball. That said, he's not running Read Option 15-20 times a game and staying healthy.
The positive imo of his leaving was HH is getting a REAL chance to play QB! I very much doubt that would have happened had CT stayed. It’s the silver lining in our QB cloud....

There's no way I'd ever believe we forced him out, doesn't sound like something Rhule would do, and more importantly it doesn't make sense.
+1000 on this … there are posters on this very forum who have suggested such things. Rhule was very adamant about wanting both CT and LS back and told them both that if they chose to come back to NU, after entering the portal, that there would be a scholarship for them.

+1000 on this … there are posters on this very forum who have suggested such things. Rhule was very adamant about wanting both CT and LS back and told them both that if they chose to come back to NU, after entering the portal, that there would be a scholarship for them.
Yes, I think that if anything happened, Rhule was probably up front that Thompson wouldn't be guaranteed a starting job. If CT or LS wanted to start somewhere, they needed to know where they stood at NU to make an informed decision. I think Smothers wanted to get back closer to home. I think Thompson wanted to go somewhere he could start.

Doesn't mean either "wanted" to leave, but they had other motivations that kept them from staying. The math in these equations are pretty easy to figure out, given the things we know.

The positive imo of his leaving was HH is getting a REAL chance to play QB! I very much doubt that would have happened had CT stayed. It’s the silver lining in our QB cloud....

It is an it isn't.

I really enjoyed watching Haarberg Saturday night, but there are a lot of the same limitations in his game we had with Smothers. He's a much more physical runner, but looks like his passing game is equal or maybe a little less effective than Smothers. He definitely was effective in some of the things he did and absolutely gives us options moving forward....which we're going to need in a big way with the depleted RB room.

We will have untested RBs in our backfield blocking for QBs as they try to pass. It might prove to be OK but more likely will be a problem. Grant cannot play every down.

We will have untested RBs in our backfield blocking for QBs as they try to pass. It might prove to be OK but more likely will be a problem. Grant cannot play every down.
Young RBs can be a problem when it comes to pass protection. Fortunately we have schemes were we have a fullback or TE lining up where they can help with pass protection and they will have some experience.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back