• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CFB Greatest Helmet Poll - FINAL 4 LINK POSTED

I don't get the love for the Michigan design, it doesn't do a whole lot for me. I'm more partial to helmets like Nebraska's and as much as I hate psu, theirs. The Navy also comes up with great alt helmet's, but I guess that's a different discussion.
Totally agree. Always thought the Meechicken helmets were just flatout ugly. A FAKE knock off of their old leather helmets does nothing for me.

Michigan's helmets are gorgeous. Princeton, Delaware and a few others rock the winged helmet look, but it's just a very classic, iconic look.

jbd_blog_wingedhelmet_2.jpg

It's college football's version of painting flames on a hot rod. It's an old-time look that's been around forever but people still love it, no matter what era they're in.

Michigan's helmets are gorgeous. Princeton, Delaware and a few others rock the winged helmet look, but it's just a very classic, iconic look.

It's college football's version of painting flames on a hot rod. It's an old-time look that's been around forever but people still love it, no matter what era they're in.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and Meechicken’s helmets are ugly imo. To each their own.

Unique, but I don't find them appealing (especially Michigan's color scheme). If we are going down that path, I'd prefer the Colorado State horn helmet. Similar to the old school St. Louis Rams helmets.
61MihFNNOnL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I enjoy a variety of different helmets. Either go classic like Nebraska or have some fun with the helmet. As long as you don't go overboard, I don't mind some chrome logos or multiple helmets.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back