• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So....is Raiola Gone after this year since he couldn't pull in his nephew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbroder87

Recruit
2 Year Member
Not trying to be a hot take guy whatsoever, but just asking the masses on this. If O-line is a soft point for our team....how long is his leash?

I don't think he was kept to get Dylan. Maybe it was some small factor but I highly doubt given how far behind we already were on getting Dylan by the time Rhule took the job. I'm still baffled overall how of all the coaches to be retained, Raiola was given just how horrible our OL has been. I suspect he was 2 years to show what he can do before Rhule lets him go.

Maybe this should be in the football forum. Might get a larger response. I wouldn't be shocked if he is gone. But we shall see what he puts on the field and also how his recruiting improves.

I don't think he was kept to get Dylan. Maybe it was some small factor but I highly doubt given how far behind we already were on getting Dylan by the time Rhule took the job.
I don’t think we were that far behind, if at all. He de-committed from Ohio State and I think many felt that we were the favorite at that point and assumed that he’d come here due to the family connection. Personally, I think one of the primary reasons for retaining Raiola was because Dylan is his nephew and Rhule wanted any advantage he could get. But that’s just me.

I don’t think we were that far behind, if at all. He de-committed from Ohio State and I think many felt that we were the favorite at that point and assumed that he’d come here due to the family connection. Personally, I think one of the primary reasons for retaining Raiola was because Dylan is his nephew and Rhule wanted any advantage he could get. But that’s just me.
You think Rhule would keep a coach for arguably the most important position on the field mostly to potentially land one recruit? Seems like a really bad idea.

I don't know if Rhule will turn out to be the savior we are looking for, but I do know that he's not stupid. There's no way he would retain an assistant coach for an important position like O line if he didn't have faith in him. No recruit, no matter how highly hyped, is worth that. And frankly Dylan could end up being the next Hunter Johnson and completely flame out. I doubt it, but it's possible.

My guess is that we will continue to recruit Dylan with the hope that, if the team shows improvement overall (and the O line in particular gets better), we may still be able to land him. He decommitted from one school, so he could do so again, and signing day is a LONG way off. Family ties and Dylan's legacy status at Nebraska may still have a role to play.

I think you’re onto something. I’d like an ongoing power ranking for the coaches throughout the season.

There’s always some assistant who draws the ire of the fanbase. You could go through the years and name them. Last year Whipple was the whipping boy.

I like it and I think you’re right even though if the O-line is bad, it’s probably got more to do with the fact that we lack talent there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back