• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rhule at Chamber of Commerce

Everything he says sounds great. He's very likable and I'd love to have a beer with him.

But it's all just drinking the Rhule-Aid and winning the offseason until the team shows it on the field. We've had 20 years of offseason optimism followed by disappointment in the fall. I know we all desperately want to believe that we finally have the coach we need, but a little healthy skepticism is warranted.
He’s rebuilt 2 programs that were completely buried in much worse condition imo then Nebraska. Therefore I have a very high confidence factor not just based on his speaking abilities but rather his proven coaching abilities.

From a Leadership/military perspective, one thing that stands out about Rhule and his staff is unity of command. This staff appears to be very in lock step with Rhule.

This speaks to a clear vision and deliberate process to keep everyone on the same page. There has to be a lot of passion, accountability, and respect to keep the machine moving forward.

I am curious how it translates to recruiting. I would like to some new coach excitement in the recruits. Nebraska has a lot to prove to these young men. Being on the same page will serve them well.

I was ready to run through a brick wall after Adm. Carter's intro! And after that, TBH, Rhule's delivery -- though certainly not his message -- was a bit anticlimactic. i.e. he didn't come out with fire & brimstone like I expected -- but his message absolutely hits home. And his performance history validates that his message is true (day by day, be great vs. good, ...).

Thinking forward to B1G media days... his delivery style reminds me of Pat Fitzgerald -- only without the hubris.

Last edited:
The interesting thing about Frost was that he got worse the longer he was here. Maybe he's front runner?

I wasn't going to watch the Rhule speech but saw the thread and got sucked in. What I like about Rhule is he's genuine, engaging and passionate. But he's also sweaty and self-deprecating. He's not trying to be the coolest guy in the room.
But that smock gets him sooo close. :Biggrin:

I love public speaking
6A6E651C-C050-46DD-BDF4-85493D486E9B.png

Last edited:
The interesting thing about Frost was that he got worse the longer he was here. Maybe he's front runner?

I wasn't going to watch the Rhule speech but saw the thread and got sucked in. What I like about Rhule is he's genuine, engaging and passionate. But he's also sweaty and self-deprecating. He's not trying to be the coolest guy in the room.
By the time he left he was a rip roaring drunk.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back