• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rhule at Chamber of Commerce

gilligans-island-gilligan.gif

Scott Frost was also a good public speaker. I saw a speech he gave at Offutt air force base early in his tenure that was very good. Being a good public speaker and being a good coach are different things.

I'd like to see Frost's speech -- or any speech that shows his presentation skills. Media Q&A is about all I've seen.

Damn you Matt Rhule. I've been contemplating getting out of coaching for the past month or so and now I'm ready to go coach for another 10 years. This guy gets it and you can tell by his results that it's not a bunch of empty platitudes that he is spouting off. I loved this line: "If you're stacking bricks with purpose day by day you will build something amazing"

Everything he says sounds great. He's very likable and I'd love to have a beer with him.

But it's all just drinking the Rhule-Aid and winning the offseason until the team shows it on the field. We've had 20 years of offseason optimism followed by disappointment in the fall. I know we all desperately want to believe that we finally have the coach we need, but a little healthy skepticism is warranted.

Everything he says sounds great. He's very likable and I'd love to have a beer with him.

But it's all just drinking the Rhule-Aid and winning the offseason until the team shows it on the field. We've had 20 years of offseason optimism followed by disappointment in the fall. I know we all desperately want to believe that we finally have the coach we need, but a little healthy skepticism is warranted.

timeout.gif

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I like watching Rhule speak. Not only because he's very good at it -- but it's also something I do on a regular basis. I love public speaking -- my time to shine, and it's a great feeling to have the audience wrapped around your every word.

Rhule is like me -- don't stand behind the podium. Walk around the stage, focus on one side, one group, one person -- make eye contact -- then move and find another group. Very effective in maintaining the audience's attention. The camera operator wasn't ready for Matt to start strolling lol. And he doesn't need note cards. If your passionate about your topic, you shouldn't.

I love his comments about community.
Same here. I enjoy it whenever I get the opportunity.

Rhule obviously is extremely comfortable and confident. He also demonstrates a definite attention to detail and preparation.

I agree about the camera operator. I also would've liked it if the A/V crew would've been prepared so that Rhule's slides would've been included in the video, either during the recording or in post production.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Frost's speech -- or any speech that shows his presentation skills. Media Q&A is about all I've seen.
I saw a video of Frost doing a "keynote". Just as he was during press conferences, he's adequate, but its obviously not a strength or passion. Definitely not in the same league as Rhule when it comes to Public Speaking and/or Public Relations.

Here's a link to that " keynote" if you're curious. Go to about 2 minutes in:

Last edited:

I saw a video of Frost doing a "keynote". Just as he was during press conferences, he's adequate, but its obviously not a strength or passion. Definitely not in the same league as Rhule when it comes to Public Speaking and/or Public Relations.
Yea but put a margarita in his hands and I bet he could sell the heck out of some timeshares

I have been cautiously optimistic but everytime I hear this Coach speak and see his Genuineness ( is that a word?) and hear his passion and his plan I get fired up. I will be surprised if he doesn't turn this thing around. Still not convinced will be this season but by year 2 and 3 I think will see success.

That was a great talk. His message is certainly unwavering. That too me is important. Clarity of message and purpose should go hand and hand with success. Now he needs to bring in the athletes to make it happen

Scott Frost was also a good public speaker. I saw a speech he gave at Offutt air force base early in his tenure that was very good. Being a good public speaker and being a good coach are different things.
The interesting thing about Frost was that he got worse the longer he was here. Maybe he's front runner?

I wasn't going to watch the Rhule speech but saw the thread and got sucked in. What I like about Rhule is he's genuine, engaging and passionate. But he's also sweaty and self-deprecating. He's not trying to be the coolest guy in the room.

I like watching Rhule speak. Not only because he's very good at it -- but it's also something I do on a regular basis. I love public speaking -- my time to shine, and it's a great feeling to have the audience wrapped around your every word.

Rhule is like me -- don't stand behind the podium. Walk around the stage, focus on one side, one group, one person -- make eye contact -- then move and find another group. Very effective in maintaining the audience's attention. The camera operator wasn't ready for Matt to start strolling lol. And he doesn't need note cards. If your passionate about your topic, you shouldn't.

I love his comments about community.
. Do training as well. He's sincere and commands the room

Here's a link to that " keynote" if you're curious. Go to about 2 minutes in:

Definitely not in the same league as Rhule - Ditto that my man!!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back