• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Exodus (post Spring Game portal activity)

Purdy has never looked comfortable with the lights on. Maybe that was partially what Whip was asking him to do . . . but he always looked uneasy and erratic. I just don't think he has "it", but I'd be happy to be wrong.

I'd bet Rhule looks to add another QB if he sees someone he likes in the portal.
Very possible.

I can see why CT feels like Sims is Rhules hand selected qb..... maybe CT is got more healing to do that is preventing
him from being full go. that would just create more of a gap between him and Sims. As much as I dont like it,
its understandable. CT has to go show out someplace during his final year, he has one shot at his dream, and has to
have a starting spot to do so.

So even if he finds that spot, and blows the doors off with 30 td vs 6 ints, and 70% completions, he is still a very low round pick or free agent at best, because of the prior 25+ starts that are of B minus grade. Solid qb, but prob not NFL caliber. Good Luck to him, he gave his all to NU, great attitute and leader. This young man is gonna succeed in whatever he does.

Well, that's one way to get to the scholarship limit............Jeff's a little better that advertised. Casey's injury must be problematic. I'm glad things are on the move. Coach has most of this in hand. I , for one, do enjoy how this is playing out. Nebraska does not look foolish. Thought we did last year. especially after the Northwestern game. Really . Good times are on the way. Rollercoaster, anyone ?

Also don't be shocked if Smothers exits portal and comes back
Nothing would surprise me at this point. They are all free agents now.

I think we are at 90 schollies at this point.

The trick in this time of college football is to not get caught with a reduced roster. We don't want to end up at 80 or something. I don't think we will.

So Noa Pola Gates just entered the portal. Not surprised by the news but really curious what happened to him. IIRC he played in the All-American Bowl and made a play on Wandale. Just never seemed to find a rhythm here.
also not in the 98... I stand corrected.

He was in my & others scholarship numbers. I am to old to not look things up first!

Last edited:

I started a thread on this very topic a couple of months ago. People couldn't handle it then or now. ;)
What couldn't we handle?

1682712043290.jpeg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back