• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we tell Dylan we wouldn’t take a 2025 QB? Then why would we promise a lesser recruit? Why tie your hands.
Because we don't have to have a 2024 high school QB, so Rhule may have already decided he isn't taking one. If that's the case, why not convey that to Saunders to sweeten the pot? If you've already decided you don't need a HS QB for 2024, then why not use it to help entice your next target?

Last edited:

Because we don't have to have a 2024 high school QB, so Rhule may have already decided he isn't taking one. If that's the case, why not convey that to Saunders to sweeten the pot? If you've already decided you don't need a HS QB for 2024, then why not use it to help entice your next target?
Didn’t realize Rhule had decided not to take a 24 quarterback. And recruits don’t distinguish the difference between a recruit and a transfer. Thinking you are sweetening the pot…..only to recruit from the portal would be perceived for what it was. NEVER make promises to a recruit that limits recruiting competition.

Last edited:
Didn’t realize Rhule had decided not to take a 24 quarterback. And recruits don’t distinguish the difference between a recruit and a transfer. Thinking you are sweetening the pot…..only to recruit from the portal would be perceived for what it was. NEVER make promises to a recruit that limits recruiting competition.
I never said he did. Hence I started my initial statement with, "I wouldn't be surprised if . . ." I thought it was obvious I was speaking hypothetically.

And coaches make promises like this to recruits all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if (there's that phrase again) Rhule told DR we aren't taking another 2024 QB if he's N. Which is why you aren't seeing them pursue Kaelin, or any other QBs right now.

Again, hypothetically speaking.

Did we tell Dylan we wouldn’t take a 2025 QB? Then why would we promise a lesser recruit? Why tie your hands.
1680136695991.png

I hear what you are saying... OTOH, many think DR is going to USC, and yet Kaelin last week celebrated an invite to visit there (and scheduled a visit).
If we don't land DR, I think we'll likely go to the portal. Nobody wants to feel like they are the backup plan, and that's what it would like for Kaelin.

Then theres this???

No offense, but anyone who thought (or still thinks) this is a done deal or that we're currently in the lead or in great position is either naive or in denial. I said a week or so ago that we're not his #1 or even his #2, and I stand by that claim. HCMR has his work cut out for him, especially with him doing workouts in USC's backyard.

No offense, but anyone who thought (or still thinks) this is a done deal or that we're currently in the lead or in great position is either naive or in denial. I said a week or so ago that we're not his #1 or even his #2, and I stand by that claim. HCMR has his work cut out for him, especially with him doing workouts in USC's backyard.
I tend to agree! He loves Nebraska football but that doesn't necessarily mean he wants to play here.

We might not have to take a quarterback in 2024, but it would be extremely prudent. Keep in mind we're going to lose at least two quarterbacks by the time spring practice ends. They may be top depth guys already right now. I don't think this determination can be made until you know what you have in the quarterback room

Yea but does USC or Georgia have a cool boombox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back