• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ChatGPT just rewrote Nebraska football history!

BakNthday

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
I asked ChatGPT what the worst Husker loss was and it gave me this:

Nebraska Cornhuskers have had several losses throughout their football history, and what is considered the worst loss may vary depending on personal opinions. However, one of the most significant and memorable losses for the Cornhuskers was in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl against the University of Florida. The Cornhuskers were ranked number 1 and had a perfect season with a record of 12-0, but they lost to Florida with a score of 62-24. It was a devastating loss for the Cornhuskers and their fans, and it is often cited as one of the worst losses in the program's history.

Nebraska Cornhuskers have had several losses throughout their football history, and what is considered the worst loss may vary depending on personal opinions. However, one of the most significant and memorable losses for the Cornhuskers was in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl against the University of Florida. The Cornhuskers were ranked number 1 and had a perfect season with a record of 12-0, but they lost to Florida with a score of 62-24. It was a devastating loss for the Cornhuskers and their fans, and it is often cited as one of the worst losses in the program's history.
1679776418977.png

:picard: Welcome to the new age.

So, I asked ChatGPT the same question.

Me: what was the worst defeat in University of Nebraska football history
ChatGPT:
The worst defeat in University of Nebraska football history occurred on November 19, 2004, when they lost to the University of Texas Longhorns by a score of 70-10. The game took place at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin, Texas, and it was a stunning defeat for the Cornhuskers, who were then ranked No. 2 in the nation.

The Longhorns dominated the game from the beginning, scoring 35 points in the first quarter alone. The Cornhuskers were unable to mount any kind of offensive or defensive effort, and the final score was the most lopsided defeat in Nebraska football history.

This defeat was particularly devastating for Nebraska fans and the program because it marked the end of the team's 35-year streak of appearing in a bowl game. The loss led to the firing of head coach Frank Solich, who had a winning record during his six-year tenure at Nebraska.

Me: it was texas tech, not texas
ChatGPT:
I apologize for the mistake in my previous response. You are correct that the worst defeat in University of Nebraska football history occurred on November 21, 2004, when they lost to Texas Tech University by a score of 70-10. The game took place at Jones AT&T Stadium in Lubbock, Texas.

Similar to the game against Texas Longhorns, Nebraska struggled to stop Texas Tech's offense, which was led by quarterback Sonny Cumbie. Cumbie threw for 520 yards and five touchdowns, while the Red Raiders scored 42 points in the first half alone. Nebraska was unable to mount any kind of comeback in the second half, resulting in a devastating defeat.

The loss to Texas Tech marked the end of Nebraska's season and their 35-year streak of appearing in a bowl game. It also led to the firing of head coach Frank Solich, who had a 58-19 record during his six-year tenure at Nebraska.

Me: frank solich was fired after the 2003 season
ChatGPT:
You are correct. Frank Solich was fired after the 2003 season, not after the 2004 loss to Texas Tech. The loss to Texas Tech was one of the contributing factors to his firing, but it was not the sole reason.

Solich had a 9-3 record in the 2003 season, but Nebraska's administration and fans felt that the team was not meeting expectations in terms of winning conference championships and national titles. Solich was fired on November 29, 2003, after six seasons as head coach at Nebraska.

After Solich's firing, defensive coordinator Bo Pelini served as interim head coach for Nebraska's bowl game that year. The following season, Nebraska hired Bill Callahan as their new head coach.

Me: the 2004 texas tech game was not a bowl game
ChatGPT:
You are correct, the 2004 game between Nebraska and Texas Tech was not a bowl game. It was a regular-season game that was played on November 20, 2004, at Jones AT&T Stadium in Lubbock, Texas. I apologize for the error in my previous response.

The 2004 game against Texas Tech was still a significant event in Nebraska football history, as it was the worst defeat in the program's history and contributed to the firing of head coach Frank Solich at the end of the 2003 season.

Me: how could a game in 2004 contribute to the firing of solich in 2003
ChatGPT:
You are correct, the 2004 game against Texas Tech could not have directly contributed to the firing of Frank Solich in 2003, as it occurred after his departure from the program. I apologize for the confusion in my previous responses.

To clarify, Frank Solich was fired as head coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers after the 2003 regular season, and his last game as head coach was the 2003 Alamo Bowl. Solich's firing was the result of a combination of factors, including his win-loss record, his team's performance in big games, and his perceived lack of control over the program.

The 2004 game against Texas Tech, which resulted in a 70-10 loss for Nebraska, was a significant moment in the program's history and was seen as a symbol of the team's decline under Solich's successors. The loss highlighted the need for changes in the program, including a new head coach and a renewed focus on winning at a high level.

I gave up at that point.

This aligns with my prediction of AI's biggest impact on society, miss trust of everything. As we move forward AI will be used in more and more content creation and with the ability to create photos and videos, more an more of what we see will be AI generated.

Even if it is from a source we know and have trusted in the past there will be less trust in what is presented because of this what we see above. We know what happened in each of those situations and we know it is wrong. Now if I told you that more and more blog and news article and news copy will be written in the future by AI or fact-checked by AI, how is your trust.

So, I asked ChatGPT the same question.

Me: what was the worst defeat in University of Nebraska football history
ChatGPT:

Me: it was texas tech, not texas
ChatGPT:

Me: frank solich was fired after the 2003 season
ChatGPT:

Me: the 2004 texas tech game was not a bowl game
ChatGPT:

Me: how could a game in 2004 contribute to the firing of solich in 2003
ChatGPT:

I gave up at that point.

And Google and Microsoft are rushing to push so-called AI out the door. Because it will be loads of fun for everyone when you do a search and get made up answers in return.

I have been using ChatGTP at work for several months now and have found it a great resource. I am not going to rely on it to do my job but it has turned into a very nice assistant in a few ways.

I can see people coming up who have not had to actually do the work might get lazy and use it as a crutch. This is where I think we fall into the trust trap...

I have been using ChatGTP at work for several months now and have found it a great resource. I am not going to rely on it to do my job but it has turned into a very nice assistant in a few ways.

I can see people coming up who have not had to actually do the work might get lazy and use it as a crutch. This is where I think we fall into the trust trap...
I asked it to write an event bus written in Java using lambdas, and by golly it did a pretty good job. Needed corrections, though. The day we believe corrections no longer need to be made is the day we lose to technology.

I asked it to write an event bus written in Java using lambdas, and by golly it did a pretty good job. Needed corrections, though. The day we believe corrections no longer need to be made is the day we lose to technology.

I have seen demos where it has 'built' stuff but if you are going to build actual stuff you need a human that knows what to do.

I have generally used it to ask how do I do this to get a different take on some issue I am working on or how do I do this better or is there a better way to do this type of prompt.

Have you looked at Copilot X? it looks like IntelliSense on steroids. I don't use GitHub but I might have to grab an account to try it out.

I have seen demos where it has 'built' stuff but if you are going to build actual stuff you need a human that knows what to do.

I have generally used it to ask how do I do this to get a different take on some issue I am working on or how do I do this better or is there a better way to do this type of prompt.

Have you looked at Copilot X? it looks like IntelliSense on steroids. I don't use GitHub but I might have to grab an account to try it out.
No, I just found out about ChatGPT. I'll check it out.

freaking ESPN bias!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back