• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Prayers Needed for Lil' All 'N's Mom

Here's a quick update...

My son is with his mom in Kansas City, so I was able to work about 13 hours yesterday. He is doing okay and will be back at my house later this afternoon. His mom has some tests this week. Once she is back, he is going to stay at her house until she goes back for her 35 day stay. He'll have high school track as well as spring/summer league basketball to help distract him. Plus, he's getting his school permit in a few weeks.

Based on my experiences with my mom when she had lung cancer, I know that the goal established isn't even close. I am praying that the GoFundMe page takes off for her to help relieve some financial stress.

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayer!

Lil' All 'N' wanted me to say thank you for all of the prayers, thought, and well wishes as well as for those who have donated. He has grown up a Husker and has seen the Husker family rally around different things throughout the years. Now that it is personal, he said he is blown away by the support.

From this dad to all of you, thank you!

Here's an update:

His mom had her brain MRI and lumbar puncture this week. At Thursday's appointment with her team, the lumbar puncture results weren't in yet but the brain MRI was clear and they suspect that the lumbar puncture will be too. They are moving forward with car-t and the process of chemo and retrieving her cells will start this upcoming week. CAR T-cell therapy is a type of treatment in which a patient's T cells (a type of immune cell) are changed in the laboratory so they will bind to cancer cells and kill them. They will send the cells to California so the process will take a few weeks. All dates are tentative depending on when the cells are returned. Once the cells are back, she'll have a 7 day hospital stay and checkups daily afterwards for the next month. If all is well, the checkups will begin to spread out and she'll have a PET scan after the first 30 days.

Here's an update:

His mom had her brain MRI and lumbar puncture this week. At Thursday's appointment with her team, the lumbar puncture results weren't in yet but the brain MRI was clear and they suspect that the lumbar puncture will be too. They are moving forward with car-t and the process of chemo and retrieving her cells will start this upcoming week. CAR T-cell therapy is a type of treatment in which a patient's T cells (a type of immune cell) are changed in the laboratory so they will bind to cancer cells and kill them. They will send the cells to California so the process will take a few weeks. All dates are tentative depending on when the cells are returned. Once the cells are back, she'll have a 7 day hospital stay and checkups daily afterwards for the next month. If all is well, the checkups will begin to spread out and she'll have a PET scan after the first 30 days.
Are those T cells one and done or self replicating?

Are those T cells one and done or self replicating?

Here's an update that may answer your question some.

CAR T-cell therapy, sometimes called CAR T, uses a person's own cells to fight cancer. So CAR T uses a person's immune cells - specifically, the T cells.

CAR T involves:
1. Collecting T cells from the person's blood (called apheresis) and sending them to a specialized facility. Lil' All 'N's mom just had this done a few days ago is coming back from KC today. He will be going back to her house to see her later this afternoon.

2. Changing those T cells into CAR T cells. This process takes 2-4 weeks. His mom will be home while she is waiting and may need treatment during that time.

3. Then returning those CAR T cells to the person' s blood, where they may help the person's immune cells find and fight cancer. His mom will return to KC for the CAR T infusion and will receive a low dose of chemo a few days before to prepare.

4. After receiving the CAR T infusion, she may need to stay at the facility in KC for up to four weeks to help monitor progress and manage any side effects.

A second infusion could be done again, but the outcome usually is not as good as the initial infusion.

Thank you all again for your prayers and support!

Last edited:

CAR T-cell therapy, sometimes called CAR T, uses a person's own cells to fight cancer. So CAR T uses a person's immune cells - specifically, the T cells.

CAR T involves:
1. Collecting T cells from the person's blood (called apheresis) and sending them to a specialized facility. Lil' All 'N's mom just had this done a few days ago is coming back from KC today. He will be going back to her house to see her later this afternoon.

2. Changing those T cells into CAR T cells. This process takes 2-4 weeks. His mom will be home while she is waiting and may need treatment during that time.

3. Then returning those CAR T cells to the person' s blood, where they may help the person's immune cells find and fight cancer. His mom will return to KC for the CAR T infusion and will receive a low dose of chemo a few days before to prepare.

4. After receiving the CAR T infusion, she may need to stay at the facility in KC for up to four weeks to help monitor progress and manage any side effects.

A second infusion could be done again, but the outcome usually is not as good as the initial infusion.

Thank you all again for you prayers and support!
Always
Hope it takes and does best as hoped.
Again prayers to you all .

CAR T involves:

Thank you all again for your prayers and support!
All 'N', I just saw this (we were out of the country for 2 weeks with no internet). Sending prayers for you all. May God provide comfort and peace to all of you, and may His healing power work wonders! We know prayer works!

Sending you a PM also.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back