• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Earn Your Single Digit: lowest roster number is #10

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
I read that Rhule implemented a similar tactic at Baylor and Temple. If players want a single digit jersey number, they have to earn it in practice.

Right now, everybody on the roster is #10 and up. No #0 - #9 to be found.

I have no idea how competitive we'll be on the football field this fall, but Rhule is absolutely winning the off season, IMO. This is the kind of stuff that sets a high level of expectation and accountability. Again, we'll see how that translates to wins in the fall, but this is exactly the kind of stuff Frost's crew was severely lacking.

Last edited:

I read that Rhule implemented a similar tactic at Baylor and Temple. If players want a single digit jersey number, they have to earn it in practice.

I have no idea how competitive we'll be on the football field this fall, but Rhule is absolutely winning the off season, IMO. This is the kind of stuff that sets a high level of expectation and accountability. Again, we'll see how that translates to wins in the fall, but this is exactly the kind of stuff Frost's crew was severely lacking.
Kinda makes you wonder how he's going to handle the blackshirts.

What if there are 20 guys chasing 10 numbers … how do you handle?

Would love to see one number reserved for a walk-on.

Not a fan of this. All depends on how they eventually get distributed I guess. Single digits are certainly the “thing” right now so I can see the incentive angle but at what point do you pull the OL numbers? Jim Otto would be in raged right now if Al Davis pulled this stunt. Be very interesting how this is handled. Are the players gonna be deciding who is having the best practices as well?

Not a fan of this. All depends on how they eventually get distributed I guess. Single digits are certainly the “thing” right now so I can see the incentive angle but at what point do you pull the OL numbers? Jim Otto would be in raged right now if Al Davis pulled this stunt. Be very interesting how this is handled. Are the players gonna be deciding who is having the best practices as well?
Otto was 00, not single digit

I hope that what number players are able or not able to wear will not impact our success on the field. Those who desire single digit shirts will try to earn them. Most players positions rule out single digit shirts so we are essentially talking about the QB’s and RB’s aren’t we?

I hope that what number players are able or not able to wear will not impact our success on the field. Those who desire single digit shirts will try to earn them. Most players positions rule out single digit shirts so we are essentially talking about the QB’s and RB’s aren’t we?
I think everyone but offensive linemen have an opportunity for single digit number

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back