• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Hoiberg

do you think hes getting fired? he did finish 500 and almost doubled his win total over the past 3 years. i think we saw with frost that he lets the coaches coach and if it doesnt work out its not cuz they didnt have support.

do you think hes getting fired? he did finish 500 and almost doubled his win total over the past 3 years. i think we saw with frost that he lets the coaches coach and if it doesnt work out its not cuz they didnt have support.
Do I think he's getting fired?
No. But it's possible.
I just hadn't seen any definitive statement from Trev, so I asked.

I don't believe Hoiberg's job was in jeopardy, so I don't think Trev even needed to address it. I'm glad Trev has nothing to say, as that suggests confidence.

It's a lock he's back next season -- but -- he may need to improve on this season (which was his best) in order to feel safe beyond 2023-24.

Last edited:

Don’t think there will be a statement because you don’t comment on something that isn’t an issue.

You can read my disappointment in other threads, but Fred will be back for sure.

Right now it’s all about constructing a roster for next year. I’m hoping Hoiberg can tap into his NBA GM experience. That’s basically what college basketball has become. He’s going to have to replace a lot of production, needs points, defense, and rebounding. As of an hour ago, 173 kids are in the portal….and the NCAA tournament players haven’t even announced yet, lol. Get to work!

You can read my disappointment in other threads, but Fred will be back for sure.

Right now it’s all about constructing a roster for next year. I’m hoping Hoiberg can tap into his NBA GM experience. That’s basically what college basketball has become. He’s going to have to replace a lot of production, needs points, defense, and rebounding. As of an hour ago, 173 kids are in the portal….and the NCAA tournament players haven’t even announced yet, lol. Get to work!
Constructing a roster is right! He loses Walker, Griesel, Bandoumel and maybe tOMinaGa. That's a HUGE problem. Hoiberg is a solid coach IMO, but as every other HC except maybe Danny Knee, consistently solid recruiting hasn't been achieved. NU needs a solid base in recruits IMO and then supplement with the portal pickups. Maybe Trev can come up with some new ideas.

Constructing a roster is right! He loses Walker, Griesel, Bandoumel and maybe tOMinaGa. That's a HUGE problem. Hoiberg is a solid coach IMO, but as every other HC except maybe Danny Knee, consistently solid recruiting hasn't been achieved. NU needs a solid base in recruits IMO and then supplement with the portal pickups. Maybe Trev can come up with some new ideas.
It's not Trev's job to come up with ideas for his highly paid head coach.

Look, I like Fred. I think he is capable. But he has failed miserably, and he's on the clock. He better come up with some new ideas.

The Big10 has been exposed in the tournament, that speaks volumes to how NU faired this season.
This. BIG has been overrated for the last two years. We are a mediocre team in a mediocre league. I wish we would just move on from Hoiberg. I just do not see him getting us to the Big Dance.

He’s one of the highest paid coaches in the conference but has no winning seasons, no Big Ten tournament wins losing four games in a row against bottom four teams, no higher finish than 11th in the conference, and no post season tournaments. Despite all of that his job is not in jeopardy. Could expectations for Nebraska basketball be any lower?

This year was the best product we have seen on the court in Hoiberg’s tenure. Watching March Madness every year with no Husker teams playing, is getting old quite frankly.

He will lose 6-8 players potentially and starting over again with a new roster.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back