• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

PAC 12 meltdown

cant see it, no fanbase, no tv market.

True - they would take more $ than what they can contribute to the B1G. I don’t see them meriting an invitation. Returning to the Big 12 would honestly be their best bet. It’d come with a huge, steaming slice of humble pie, though.

The Big needs more a southeastern footprint, Clemson/FSU

The problem with those programs is that they are locked in to a GOR that goes 13 more years. It is ironic that UCF now has a better deal than FSU and Miami (and Clemson) and likely will for many years.

Somebody screwed up somewhere.

The problem with those programs is that they are locked in to a GOR that goes 13 more years. It is ironic that UCF now has a better deal than FSU and Miami (and Clemson) and likely will for many years.

They arent locked in, but they'll have spend/lose money to make money.
Either they rewrite the agreement, or expensive opt outs will come.

Interesting discussion Fellas.

Someday while I am still alive, I would like to see the end results of all of this realignment. It's probably years off though.

They arent locked in, but they'll have spend/lose money to make money.
Either they rewrite the agreement, or expensive opt outs will come.

FSU and Clemson are now crying for unequal revenue sharing. This is after both schools agreed to the current deal.

When do Ohio State and Michigan start making such demands? Alabama and Georgia? And do they still get more when they hire Mike Shula or Brady Hoke and suck again? Prior to Dabo, Clemson was a middling program dating back to Danny Ford.

FSU and Clemson are now crying for unequal revenue sharing. This is after both schools agreed to the current deal.

When do Ohio State and Michigan start making such demands? Alabama and Georgia? And do they still get more when they hire Mike Shula or Brady Hoke and suck again? Prior to Dabo, Clemson was a middling program dating back to Danny Ford.
Thats temporarily stopping a few things, and starting a few others imo.
As you pointed out earlier,branding is local per team,national per conference.
I dont see this changing for various reasons

Thats temporarily stopping a few things, and starting a few others imo.
As you pointed out earlier,branding is local per team,national per conference.
I dont see this changing for various reasons

So do Florida State and Clemson deserve unequal revenue sharing? What if Ohio State and Michigan decide they need it, too, based on TV ratings? When Ohio State hires their next John Cooper, and Penn State rises above them, does Penn State now get more $$?

Last edited:
So do Florida State and Clemson deserve unequal revenue sharing? What is Ohio State and Michigan decide they need it, too?
Thats a Big 12 thing. Aint going to happen.
The real leaders are the first to start chirping about bad TV deals.Not create their own.
The better the ball,the more it costs. They have more to lose. But no ones doing a Clemson network, neither is going indy.
But they can show they arent happy and pressure a rewrite of the contract, or whoever owns the contract may lose out all together.
But individually they cant do this.
What Texas did was an outlier, and the conference condoned it. Never again.

Thats a Big 12 thing. Aint going to happen.
The real leaders are the first to start chirping about bad TV deals.Not create their own.
The better the ball,the more it costs. They have more to lose. But no ones doing a Clemson network, neither is going indy.
But they can show they arent happy and pressure a rewrite of the contract, or whoever owns the contract may lose out all together.
But individually they cant do this.
What Texas did was an outlier, and the conference condoned it. Never again.

Well, UW and Oregon are demanding it from the Pac 12. And there is pretty well-founded knowledge that, if the Big 10 invites UW and Oregon, they will be at a half share. And it’s no secret that FSU and Clemson are hinting unequal revenue share. I think unequal share is going to be a thing.

Only a matter of time until tOSU and Michigan start making some noise about underwriting the rest of the conference.

Last edited:
Well, UW and Oregon are demanding it from the Pac 12. And there is pretty well-founded knowledge that, if the Big 10 invites UW and Oregon, they will be at a half share. And it’s no secret that FSU and Clemson are hinting unequal revenue share. I think unequal share is going to be a thing.

Only a matter of time until tOSU and Michigan start making some noise about underwriting the rest of the conference.
Links on these demands?

yea, and the GOR is with ESPN, they will be in the drivers seat to get the best of the ACC. i doubt the B1g would want whats left. Flst, miami, clemson, those are the top tier in that conf, i wouldnt take anyone else as it wouldnt expand the b1g footprint outside what it already has.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back