• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

PAC 12 meltdown

Things get old,wear out, new/better turfs/facilities/machines/more efficient etc.
They cost,monies. Short term, they'll hold their own, but recruits like these things, sometimes its simply superior must haves.

Over time,have and have nots

Yeah, only time will tell. If your point is correct, there might only be a dozen viable programs in a decade. That would get boring.

I believe all of the major professional sports leagues have salary caps for a reason. Some level of parity is good for the games.

Last edited:
Yeah, only time will tell. If your point is correct, there might only be a dozen viable programs in a decade. That would get boring.

I believe all of the major professional sports leagues have salary caps for a reason. Some level of parity is good for the games.
Unless theres breakaways from conferences, there will be more than 12.
I can see a day coming where theres pay to play disparities. Where say a Bid 12 team in a home and home scheduling, gets more from the Big team its playing at than paying back when they're at home,similar to what we see with lesser schools today, however theres no incentives for a home and home there of course.

Last edited:
Unless theres breakaways from conferences, there will be more than 12.
I can see a day coming where theres pay to play disparities. Where say a Bid 12 team in a home and home scheduling, gets more from the Big team its playing at than paying back when they're at home,similar to what we see with lesser schools today, however theres no incentives for a home and home there of course.

Yeah, the truly national brands are probably 20 or less. Nebraska makes that list only by virtue of their run from the early 70s through the early 2000s. But I would rate it as teetering at this point. The pecking order now is clearly based on “what have you done for me lately?”

Last edited:
Yeah, the truly national brands are probably 20 or less. Nebraska makes that list only by virtue of their run from the early 70s through the early 2000s. But I would rate it as teetering at this point. The pecking order now is clearly based on “what have you done for me lately?”
I would say what conference you're in. You dont hear talk of Vanderbilt getting the boot, never will, because the Big and the SEC are ahead of that curve

I would say what conference you're in. You dont hear talk of Vanderbilt getting the boot, never will, because the Big and the SEC are ahead of that curve

Well, Vanderbilt may be getting the same media money as Alabama, but Alabama runs laps around them in all other revenue streams. Tens of $ millions a year, at least. No one is at Walmart buying Vandy hoodies, even in Nashville.

Last edited:
Well, Vanderbilt may be getting the same media money as Alabama, but Alabama runs laps around them in all other revenue streams. Tens of $ millions a year, at least. No one is at Walmart buying Vandy hoodies, even in Nashville.
Outside monies have always been there,can we say Oregon?
ATM is trying hard though.

But,listening to Dr Robs latest, there are Unis where certain attitudes are saturated, and it isnt about winning.
I can see much of that in the PAC happening.

It’s sad what is happening in the PAC. Egos and obstinacy are killing the conference. Washington and Oregon are leaving sooner or later. That’s fair.

But the rest of the PAC, rather than the swallowing their pride and joining with the Big 12 to ensure a really solid future, they prefer to sit on the deck of the sinking titanic with their arrogance. Sickening.

My play if I was the PAC would be to tell Brett Yormark “you can have us, but you’ve got to take all of us, and we want to maintain our own branding and identity by having the PAC division of the conference.”

But no, that would make way too much sense for those egg heads. So most (probably not all) will settle for a streaming media deal and get minimal TV exposure over the next 5 years. The MWC will be on TV more. That will REALLY help their negotiations in 2029. Idiots.

Last edited:

The B1G stands at 16 schools with the addition of USC and UCLA.

If the Pac is ready to crumble, I'd push for Oregon, Washington, Stanford, and Colorado to bring the conference to 20.

Screw the Irish. They're a big "get" but my gut tells me their arrogance is going to lead them into some hell hole ACC/Independent combo deal. The B1G-ND ship feels like it sailed a long time ago.
also sec will actively pursue any negotiations on championships of the leagues plus ND, its in their best interest to keep ND out of the big.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back