• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forecast has been that Nebraska is on the outside looking in for Raiola and the athletes he is peer recruiting.

I'm trying to match the recruiting sentiment and the fact that these recruits are willing to spend money, time and effort coming to Nebraska, if we are truly on the outside for their services.

Nebraska is in a great spot with several guys who are visiting, including Raiola. For others, this visit will determine the seriousness of their interest moving forward. And for some, yes, that hinges on Raiola being part of the equation.

There's a blueprint to how Nebraska wants to recruit. They want kids to visit during spring to watch a practice. They want (need) guys to visit for big events like the upcoming junior day the weekend of the 24th.

Recruiting gatherings like those are huge in so many ways. Not only does it help kids connect to other interested recruits, but it sells the program in a way. These kids are going to be around double-digit four and five-star recruits. It tells them Nebraska is a destination school. It shows them Rhule is going to be able to attract top kids. It let's them know, hey, these spots in this class are valuable.

These sort of early visits help sell the staff, facilities, etc. The next huge step is getting them back on campus for the spring game when you're fans do their thing.

If kids attend both of these things, an official visit is usually assured. When that happens, Nebraska is tough to beat.

Nebraska is in a great spot with several guys who are visiting, including Raiola. For others, this visit will determine the seriousness of their interest moving forward. And for some, yes, that hinges on Raiola being part of the equation.

There's a blueprint to how Nebraska wants to recruit. They want kids to visit during spring to watch a practice. They want (need) guys to visit for big events like the upcoming junior day the weekend of the 24th.

Recruiting gatherings like those are huge in so many ways. Not only does it help kids connect to other interested recruits, but it sells the program in a way. These kids are going to be around double-digit four and five-star recruits. It tells them Nebraska is a destination school. It shows them Rhule is going to be able to attract top kids. It let's them know, hey, these spots in this class are valuable.

These sort of early visits help sell the staff, facilities, etc. The next huge step is getting them back on campus for the spring game when you're fans do their thing.

If kids attend both of these things, an official visit is usually assured. When that happens, Nebraska is tough to beat.

All of the recent talk/speculation makes him sound like a prima donna who likes the attention. The honorable thing to do would be to say..."I haven't made a final decision, but I can tell you that I will be going somewhere other than Nebraska."

What!? He's a prima-donna now? What has HE done to warrant that? He can't help the narrative being spun about him. The only thing he's done is enjoy the process. There's nothing at all wrong with that.

The honorable thing would be to say he hasn't made a final decision but it won't be Nebraska? lol. The Huskers are still very much in consideration.

What!? He's a prima-donna now? What has HE done to warrant that? He can't help the narrative being spun about him. The only thing he's done is enjoy the process. There's nothing at all wrong with that.

The honorable thing would be to say he hasn't made a final decision but it won't be Nebraska? lol. The Huskers are still very much in consideration.
Because we are accustomed to being close and still losing LOL!!!

Thanks, I truly appreciate the insight.

It just seemed that Nebraska was a long shot after Raiola's last trip to USC (understandable).

I was just trying to gauge his interest in Nebraska and how to view the recruiting weekend coming up.

It would be great to sign Dylan.
A testament to the effort and credibility to Coach Rhule & staff
that we are even in this position.

It just seemed that Nebraska was a long shot after Raiola's last trip to USC (understandable).

I was just trying to gauge his interest in Nebraska and how to view the recruiting weekend coming up.

What I like is, its not only about football, yet football has a high chance of being excellent with this staff.

— Might as well give an update on 5-star QB Dylan Raiola as he will visit UGA, Nebraska, and Oregon in the upcoming months. His visit to USC recently puts them as the leader, and I think Georgia is a very close No. 2 and could regain the lead after a visit. However, there has been talk of Raiola coming close to securing off-campus housing at USC and a few potential NIL deals in LA. If that’s the case, this is a stronger lead for Lincoln Riley. I’d put USC at 55%, UGA at 30%, and maybe Nebraska at 10%. Right now Oregon is an outlier, but he will be at a massive recruiting weekend for the Ducks for their spring game.

Always felt USC would be his best option.

Makes sense and all the reasons I felt those who dismissed USC a couple of weeks ago were being very biased and/or shortsighted.

Or lose them because we get better guys.
N2FL showed this is players out of pocket, and certainly NIL plays a bigger role than a currently unthought of transfer.

Most are coming because theres something happening at Nebraska.
Not hard to understand

Like I said, we'll find out soon enough. Just curious how many of these guys you expect us to land?

All of the recent talk/speculation makes him sound like a prima donna who likes the attention. The honorable thing to do would be to say..."I haven't made a final decision, but I can tell you that I will be going somewhere other than Nebraska."
Really?

Had Rhule been at Nebraska a year already, it'd be a done deal. Zero doubt in my mind.

Nothing prima donna about the Railoa family what so ever

As for the rest of your opinion with all due respect you can not be serious

Look at the tweet I posted a page or so back

Note the Nebraska visits on it : three

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back