• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s plenty of other names out there considering the two other 5 stars and 15 four stars officially visiting next weekend

True, but I still think the majority of those guys are making the trip purely for the possibility of DR's commitment. We may land a few, but not nearly as many as we'd get if he committed here and then started peer recruiting.

True, but I still think the majority of those guys are making the trip purely for the possibility of DR's commitment. We may land a few, but not nearly as many as we'd get if he committed here and then started peer recruiting.
I think you're discounting this staff a little imo.
Theres some truth to it,as this is always the case, I just dont see the disparity as you do.

It's a shame that all those quality football players are coming on March 24, 2023, to tell us that they will be taking their talents to other colleges.

I guess a free trip to Lincoln, Nebraska is better than sitting at home?

Matt Rhule must throw one helluva weekend party.

These aren't official visits, so they aren't free. Nebraska can't pay for anything.

As his dad’s alma mater I would not be upset if he just came out and said hey Nebraska just really isn’t for me. It would be better than stringing it along. Almost would do the team a solid to just move on.
There's a blogger that touched on that in the post that was published today. The blogger said that is one of the reasons he decommitted from tOSU is because they don't want to string any teams along.

These aren't official visits, so they aren't free. Nebraska can't pay for anything.

The forecast has been that Nebraska is on the outside looking in for Raiola and the athletes he is peer recruiting.

I'm trying to match the recruiting sentiment and the fact that these recruits are willing to spend money, time and effort coming to Nebraska, if we are truly on the outside for their services.

I think you're discounting this staff a little imo.
Theres some truth to it,as this is always the case, I just dont see the disparity as you do.
Guess we'll find out soon enough. With the transfer portal playing such a major role now, it certainly doesn't hurt to build relationships with these kids, even if they do initially commit to other programs. Never know what the future holds.

Last edited:

Guess we'll find out soon enough. With the transfer portal playing such a major role now, it certainly doesn't hurt to build relationships with these kids, even if they do initially commit to other programs. Never know what the future holds.
Or lose them because we get better guys.
N2FL showed this is players out of pocket, and certainly NIL plays a bigger role than a currently unthought of transfer.

Most are coming because theres something happening at Nebraska.
Not hard to understand

I don't think anyone really knows where he stands right now outside of immediate family. I don't know if USC is in the lead but it wouldn't shock me in the least, I've been saying it for months now but it was really just an educated guess based on known factors.

Rhule can still get him even if he commits to USC this Spring (I know, he said once he commits it's final) if we have a good year. Win 6 and I think we're at 50% chance. Win 7/8 and I think he's ours. All a guess/hope on my part.

I don't think anyone really knows where he stands right now outside of immediate family. I don't know if USC is in the lead but it wouldn't shock me in the least, I've been saying it for months now but it was really just an educated guess based on known factors.

Rhule can still get him even if he commits to USC this Spring (I know, he said once he commits it's final) if we have a good year. Win 6 and I think we're at 50% chance. Win 7/8 and I think he's ours. All a guess/hope on my part.
Someone said they couldnt see Dom exposing both Dylan and Nebraska down a pipe dream.
I dont know if thats even a consideration, but since were speculating...

I really doubt he decommits a second time. Whomever he picks this time around will be the final selection barring some type of meltdown, scandal or major firing.

I really doubt he decommits a second time. Whomever he picks this time around will be the final selection barring some type of meltdown, scandal or major firing.
Maybe. I just think so much can happen/changes from March/April until December and these kids are young and prone to making different decisions.

All of the recent talk/speculation makes him sound like a prima donna who likes the attention. The honorable thing to do would be to say..."I haven't made a final decision, but I can tell you that I will be going somewhere other than Nebraska."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back