• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Big Dance Thread

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
It's a really interesting bracket.

Just filling one out tonight (my first) ... man, there's some tough picks in even just the first round (most difficult I can recall).

Lots of dangerous mid-majors. Lots of mid-majors with recent tournament experience (some with success).

I'd enjoy seeing Drake pull off the upset (over Miami) ... a 12-5 matchup.

Florida Atlantic is really good. Oral Roberts is really good. Both have tough matchups, though.

Final Four picks?

Alabama may be the only #1 I consistently pick. Houston is next closest among the #1 seeds. I don't trust Purdue or Kansas.

As I've said many times before -- and I'm not the only one -- the first Thursday and Friday of the tournament are the single best sports days of the entire year. There's no other sport that has a stage suited so well for Cinderella teams to emerge. No other sport has more insane finishes. And so many of the highlights from these games live on and on for years.

Last edited:

I created one and posted the link on the main (football) forum. :)

:Signhuh: .... On the FOOTBALL Forum ? ...... Some Folks can get lost on the way :Lol:

In the inimitable words of @huskernut:
(Nut is referring to the New Sub-forum (compliments of @BigRedMax) for Women's BB Recruiting)

1678904685925.png

Last edited:
The opening games today are awesome!

Maryland-WV -- MD up 3 with less than a minute left.

Virginia and Furman going down to the wire.

Kansas up 6 on Howard late in the first (Howard has lead at times).

Missouri up 5 over Utah State at the half.

The Furman win over Virginia was March Madness

I thought they'd blown their chance. The momentum had swung to UVA late, as Furman had gone over 2 minutes without a FG. Then boom -- the huge three!

First tournament appearance since 1980 for Furman. And they did it with style.

Love March Madness!

I thought they'd blown their chance. The momentum had swung to UVA late, as Furman had gone over 2 minutes without a FG. Then boom -- the huge three!

First tournament appearance since 1980 for Furman. And they did it with style.

Love March Madness!
The decision to heave the ball down court blindly was horrendous. That poor guys not gonna sleep well

Utah State missed their first 13 shots from 3. Finally made one and lead Missouri by 1 early in the second half. Missouri is in trouble. Can't count on Utah State missing 13 more from 3. And the Tigers weren't able to pull away when Utah State was cold.

It's a really interesting bracket.

Just filling one out tonight (my first) ... man, there's some tough picks in even just the first round (most difficult I can recall).

Lots of dangerous mid-majors. Lots of mid-majors with recent tournament experience (some with success).

I'd enjoy seeing Drake pull off the upset (over Miami) ... a 12-5 matchup.

Florida Atlantic is really good. Oral Roberts is really good. Both have tough matchups, though.

Final Four picks?

Alabama may be the only #1 I consistently pick. Houston is next closest among the #1 seeds. I don't trust Purdue or Kansas.

As I've said many times before -- and I'm not the only one -- the first Thursday and Friday of the tournament are the single best sports days of the entire year. There's no other sport that has a stage suited so well for Cinderella teams to emerge. No other sport has more insane finishes. And so many of the highlights from these games live on and on for years.
I decided to save ink and paper! First time in decades, did not fill out the bracket. Just saw the replay on the last play of the Va. - Furman game!! Shocker! Throwing the ball away from the back line to the half court line cost Va. the win. Furman gets the ball, and 1 pass and a 3 pointer is made!! 68 67 !Again, top 4 team goes down in the 1st round!! :)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back