• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New DC - Tony White

Very good article by neutral professional paid to evaluate corrodinators

Not being critical of you or the author, and I really like the White hire, but the article is slightly more than ‘click bait’.

He says some good things about all, but not a lot about anything. Know what I mean?
I’m really ready to read a post season evaluation of where White’s first defense at Nebraska shakes out.

Not being critical of you or the author, and I really like the White hire, but the article is slightly more than ‘click bait’.

He says some good things about all, but not a lot about anything. Know what I mean?
I’m really ready to read a post season evaluation of where White’s first defense at Nebraska shakes out.
Watching some games, he had no problem playing freshmen, or freshmen coming in next man up.
While this looks like he has certain fits, it also shows his D can use non ideal fits imo.
His D did well,great sack numbers, great overall total D numbers.

Watching some games, he had no problem playing freshmen, or freshmen coming in next man up.
While this looks like he has certain fits, it also shows his D can use non ideal fits imo.
whatever works that brings back a semblance of a dominating defense after the foundation of work that was laid last season. I just want an identity of something other than, "let the other team do what they want".

whatever works that brings back a semblance of a dominating defense after the foundation of work that was laid last season. I just want an identity of something other than, "let the other team do what they want".
I liked Chins, but the winning came from SF O. 18th in total D, 22nd in sacks including FCS numbers/teams, something close to those numbers, going on memory.
He's good,disruptive and fun.

There is something to be said about a system that doesn't rely on perfection to be passable.

There is something to be said about a system that doesn't rely on perfection to be passable.
Let the kids learn to make it even better. The LBs and 'safeties' have a lot to learn here, but it appears a safe learning curve thats easier leading towards anticipation instead of thinking.
I'm just going off of his Ds at cuse and how good they were day one.

Let the kids learn to make it even better. The LBs and 'safeties' have a lot to learn here, but it appears a safe learning curve thats easier leading towards anticipation instead of thinking.
I'm just going off of his Ds at cuse and how good they were day one.

For all his warts, Chinander had some interesting concepts in the 3-4 that I think will help these guys transition to the 3-3-5. It's not so insanely different we're talking about learning how to walk all over again. It's assignments, alignments and responsibilities.

Pressuring the QB without blitzing will be a chore, but I can see it working.

For all his warts, Chinander had some interesting concepts in the 3-4 that I think will help these guys transition to the 3-3-5. It's not so insanely different we're talking about learning how to walk all over again. It's assignments, alignments and responsibilities.

Stunts likely more effective. Read what/how they pick it up,then blitz

I'm looking forward to (hopefully) not seeing any blitzes that came from Grand Island and have zero chance of getting home.

I'm looking forward to (hopefully) not seeing any blitzes that came from Grand Island and have zero chance of getting home.

Yeah, JoJo was the best 'From anywhere' blitzer Chinander had and others looked like they either A) made their move late if it was a called blitz and only left something uncovered behind the linebackers or B) made their read late and missed the mark if the blitz was based off of motion, formation, etc.

It worked best when we had Domann and he lined up a yard or two from the LOS, because you never knew what his assignment would be. That's when the nickel in that offense worked really well and what I see in White's 3-3-5 as well. Swarming people in uncertain roles confuse an offensive line and blocking assignments get messed up. He's still going to walk a safety up to the line and blitz, rotate cover or use him as a decoy and back off, but you'll see a lot more from traditional LB depth to the LOS.

I don't want the summer that isn't here yet to go by, because they're starting to seem pretty limited, but I am excited to see what he's got up his sleeve with this roster this fall.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back