• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

FOX Sports Preseason Top 25 Poll

• TCU

Sep 2 (Sat) TBD

at
    TCU
    Forth Worth, Texas Amon G. Carter Stadium
  • University of Nebraska Logo

Sep 9 (Sat) TBD

vs
    Nebraska
    Boulder, Colo. Folsom Field
  • Colorado State University Logo

Sep 16 (Sat) TBD

vs
    Colorado State
  • Oregon

Sep 23 (Sat) TBD

at
    Oregon
    Eugene, Ore. Autzen Stadium
  • USC

Sep 30 (Sat) TBD

vs
    USC
  • ASU

Oct 7 (Sat) TBD

at
    Arizona State
    Tempe, Ariz. Sun Devil Stadium

History
    Who at Fox thought to rate Colorado with those opening 6 games ?
    TCU lost a lot but Colorado is a new team and staff on the road in a Hot Ft Worth
    Nebraska and Colorado State are rivalry games
    Oregon and USC are loaded
    and Asu after that Gauntlet may be too much on the road

Last edited:

• TCU

Sep 2 (Sat) TBD

at
    TCU
    Forth Worth, Texas Amon G. Carter Stadium
  • University of Nebraska Logo

Sep 9 (Sat) TBD

vs
    Nebraska
  • Colorado State University Logo

Sep 16 (Sat) TBD

vs
    Colorado State
  • Oregon

Sep 23 (Sat) TBD

at
    Oregon
    Eugene, Ore. Autzen Stadium
  • USC

Sep 30 (Sat) TBD

vs
    USC
  • ASU

Oct 7 (Sat) TBD

at
    Arizona State
    Tempe, Ariz. Sun Devil Stadium

History
    Who at Fox thought to rate Colorado with those opening 6 games ?
    TCU lost a lot but Colorado is a new team and staff on the road in a Hot Ft Worth
    Nebraska and Colorado State are rivalry games
    Oregon and USC are loaded
    and Asu after that Gauntlet may be too much on the road
I believe Leon Sandcastle went to work for Fox awhile back. I'm sure he's pretty high on CU.

I'd buy Wisconsin as a potential top 25 team prior to Spring Practice.

CU? I don't see a .500 season. Sanders would deserve coach of the year if he gets the Buffaloes in the top 25 this fall.

I would buy Wisconsin long before Colorado.

Luke Fickle is inheriting a roster with much more talent than Deion Sanders.

247 ranked Wisconsin's roster (talent) as 28th nationally this past season and 5th in the Big Ten. Colorado's was 63rd nationally and 11th in the Pac-12.

So far as returning production for 2023 is concerned -- Wisconsin ranks 27th nationally (3rd in the Big Ten) while Colorado ranks 93rd (10th in the Pac-12).

Deion is much closer to starting from scratch than either Fickell or Rhule. He's probably going to have to coach CU to a 9-4 type of season to rank #20 in that writer's "poll." If he does that, Deion will be national coach of the year. I highly doubt he will. The writer is completely basing a ranking like that on hype.

I would buy Wisconsin long before Colorado.

Luke Fickle is inheriting a roster with much more talent than Deion Sanders.

247 ranked Wisconsin's roster (talent) as 28th nationally this past season and 5th in the Big Ten. Colorado's was 63rd nationally and 11th in the Pac-12.

So far as returning production for 2023 is concerned -- Wisconsin ranks 27th nationally (3rd in the Big Ten) while Colorado ranks 93rd (10th in the Pac-12).

Deion is much closer to starting from scratch than either Fickell or Rhule. He's probably going to have to coach CU to a 9-4 type of season to rank #20 in that writer's "poll." If he does that, Deion will be national coach of the year. I highly doubt he will. The writer is completely basing a ranking like that on hype.

He's got company on the Deion hype train.

The 'Good' for CU is that though he is polarizing and not a 100% fan favorite, he is getting fans interested again. I have several friends and family members who still live on the Front Range and they're seeing more interest in the program at any time since.....(gulp) the Hawkins 'Era'.

The 'Bad' for CU is that he's not going to duplicate his Jackson State results, at least at first, so what happens then? Looking at the schedule, this looks like a team that might struggle to win 2 or 3 games. One of my old neighbors back there thinks they have a shot at two games this fall. Two. Nebraska and Colorado State. How does 'Prime' sell at 2-10? What if they only manage to beat CSU and limp to a 1-11 record? '

100% agree. Sanders finishes in the top 25 with this roster and in his first year in Boulder and he deserves Coach of The Year.

He's got company on the Deion hype train.

The 'Good' for CU is that though he is polarizing and not a 100% fan favorite, he is getting fans interested again. I have several friends and family members who still live on the Front Range and they're seeing more interest in the program at any time since.....(gulp) the Hawkins 'Era'.

The 'Bad' for CU is that he's not going to duplicate his Jackson State results, at least at first, so what happens then? Looking at the schedule, this looks like a team that might struggle to win 2 or 3 games. One of my old neighbors back there thinks they have a shot at two games this fall. Two. Nebraska and Colorado State. How does 'Prime' sell at 2-10? What if they only manage to beat CSU and limp to a 1-11 record? '

100% agree. Sanders finishes in the top 25 with this roster and in his first year in Boulder and he deserves Coach of The Year.
We goin?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back