• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any Chance of Going Dancing? > No Postseason this year

I suppose now I'll pull for Creighton and Texas in the Dance (lol, I won't get a lot of company). As well as whatever Cinderellas appear.

The Huskers were generally worth watching this year. Not having Walker at the beginning of the season cost us some games and it took some time to adjust to the Gary and Bandoumel injuries. There was some bad luck involved or we almost certainly would have made the NIT with a shot at the NCAA. Now building the next roster begins. There's some holes to fill but there are some pieces in place. Tominaga's decision is important, too. We'll need to hit the portal for at least one big.

Fred can build on this year. I think he learned how to succeed in the B1G. But there's plenty of work to do to take the next step forward.

Last edited:

I suppose now I'll pull for Creighton and Texas in the Dance (lol, I won't get a lot of company). As well as whatever Cinderellas appear.
:Puke:

I tried watching a Creighton game with the idea of at least not actively rooting against them. Couldn't do it. I won't even bother to try that with Texas. I'll be pulling for toothpaste (Colgate) in the first round.

Last edited:
So no winning record or postseason basketball in the last four years. We lose virtually all of our production from a .500 season. Let’s run it back, Trev! Can’t wait for another sub-.500 season!

So no winning record or postseason basketball in the last four years. We lose virtually all of our production from a .500 season. Let’s run it back, Trev! Can’t wait for another sub-.500 season!
If they s team hadn’t suffered the glut of injuries, they’d have a winning record and be in postseason play. It was a tremendous step forward.

A lot comes down to recruiting, but I think Fred showed he can do the coaching and development to win in the B1G.

I don't really care that we got snubbed for NIT. The quality of basketball, effort and teamwork we saw over the last month or so was as good as I've seen from the Huskers in a while. They were fun to watch and should feel pretty good about what they have going into next season. Minnesota game was one of those nights they just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back