• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CU Board of Regents calls Special Meeting for March 8th.

I believe it was a Fox executive that recently said that the networks are seeking rivalries. AZ and ASU, Utah and BYU - good TV there.

Yormark is shrewd.

One of my issues with NU in the B1G is that there aren’t any raging rivalries. Goodness, in those Big 12 days, we had some nasty ones. That makes it a lot more fun.

Last edited:
I believe it was a Fox executive that recently said that the networks are seeking rivalries. AZ and ASU, Utah and BYU - good TV there.

Yormark is shrewd.

One of my issues with NU in the B1G is that there aren’t any raging rivalries. Goodness, in those Big 12 days, we had some nasty ones. That makes it a lot more fun.
With us slipping lately, we've created rivalries where we dont wantthem and have failed to create the ones we do.
MR is here to fix that

Yikes. Its hard to find the marquee school in that list. BYU or CU?

The marque names are going to the B1G and SEC. No secret about that.

But purely from an entertainment perspective, I far more enjoy a random Big 12 contest. You know it will likely come down to the final minute. No Rutgers or Nebraskas on the schedule, although houston might step up and fill that spot.

How about CSU strikes first and gets into the Big XII, and Colorado ends up taking CSU's spot in the MWC?

There has been no contact between the Big 12 and CSU. Don’t see that happening. I also don’t see CU going to the Big 12, though I’ve heard it could be happening. I don’t know that the Big 12 is interested in life rafts for programs that feel the conference is beneath them, per Brett Yorkmark’s previous comments. I suppose it could happen, but he will squeeze their nuts off in the process.

Yormark is an enigma. A hardball entertainment executive from Brooklyn. George K is playing checkers; Yormark chess.

Last edited:

Things just keep getting worse. This was supposed to be the week for some actual “new” hard numbers from media. It appears $22 million per school is still the number, and it’s mostly streaming.

Furthermore, the university presidents have apparently put a gag order on the commissioner at this week’s PAC 12 basketball championships.

Last edited:
NCAA team championships
  • Men's Skiing (11): 1959, 1960, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1982
  • Women's Skiing (1): 1982 (AIAW)
  • Co-ed Skiing (8): 1991, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2006, 2011, 2013, 2015

I can't wait for the day that Nebraska challenges Colorado in skiing! Would need to be Nordic events.

Yormark is shrewd.

The only rivalry most Nebraska fans would admit to in the Big 12 or Big 8 was Oklahoma and them maybe Texas. There was/still is a lot of hate by other teams fans at Nebraska. When you only lose to a team once or twice over a 30 year period that is not really a rivalry.

I think Nebraska is developing a great rivalry with Iowa.

The only rivalry most Nebraska fans would admit to in the Big 12 or Big 8 was Oklahoma and them maybe Texas. There was/still is a lot of hate by other teams fans at Nebraska. When you only lose to a team once or twice over a 30 year period that is not really a rivalry.

I think Nebraska is developing a great rivalry with Iowa.

The last decade, things with aTm, Texas, Tech, and K-State were certainly heating up. Fun times. And a lot warmer weather. :Rockon:

Last edited:
Last thing I want to see is the sCUm back in the same conference with Nebraska. If there is any justice let them crawl on their belly like a reptile back to the B12. They deserve nothing from the BIG and would bring NOTHING to the BIG imo. I was happy when we got away from 2 teams in the Big 12 and the sCUm was one of them!

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back