• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

LB Eric Field N

It just is. The kid pops on tape, no doubt. But 58.75 doesnt even qualify you for state in small class in Nebraska. The slowest time of the 24 qualifiers in class C Nebraska in 2021 was 53.90 and that is worlds apart from a 58.75. I have no doubt the kid is extremely fast from seeing his tape, but trying to prove he is with listing a 58.75 400 time would say the opposite. That time would not have won the girls 400 in class C Nebraska that year.

To paraphrase an old coach... "If it's 3rd and 400 we won't give him the ball"

He doesnt have to run 200 or 400. We just need verified 40 and 100 times. The 400 is THE HARDEST race, its a pure sprint, most cant do it

Okie must have very bad track teams. 2nd, first etc.
The 4x100 team that won the title, closer to 40 times in football concerning distances, who are rhe other three to carry him?
Did we get them on our team?

And of course I mentioned his eyes,who cares how fast you are if you're still looking?
Like I said, he is clearly fast. Just pointing out that the 400 time doesnt show that he is. If I had to bet I would bet he could run a 58.75 in coveralls and snow boots, just weird that a time like that would even be posted. 41.71 is a blazing time for a 4x100 though.

Last edited:
Like I said, he is clearly fast. Just pointing out that the 400 time doesnt show that he is. If I had to bet I would bet he could run a 48.75 in coveralls and snow boots, just weird that a time like that would even be posted. 41.71 is a blazing time for a 4x100 though.
Thats why need those other three guys ;)

Not sure but if he’s trying to run all those races in the same event on the same day I wouldn’t expect burner times in all races and I would think the 200 and 400 would be the ones not to get the best times.

Not sure but if he’s trying to run all those races in the same event on the same day I wouldn’t expect burner times in all races and I would think the 200 and 400 would be the ones not to get the best times.
He'll likely not be like the other 3-4 guys joining the track team.

A teammate of mine at Blair Highschool ran a 49.9 and a 22.2 at the same meet in 1982. He wasn't a blip on major NCAA track programs agenda's. I think he went to Wayne St. but not sure.

Last edited:
A teammate of mine at Blair Highschool ran a 49.9 and a 22.2 at the same meet in 1982. He wasn't a blip on major NCAA track programs agenda's. I think he went to Wayne St. but not sure.
I was just about to ask what year you graduated, as my ex-wife attend Blair...then I read more...I was BORN in '82 so don't think you'd know her... '

:mascot5:

I was just about to ask what year you graduated, as my ex-wife attend Blair...then I read more...I was BORN in '82 so don't think you'd know her... '

:mascot5:
I may, I still have family there, Herman and Omaha. I'll bet she knows my niece and nephew. My nephew Jake played on the Blair soccer team in the late 90's, 2000's.

Last edited:

My son ran a 47.43 in the 400 and a 21.74 in the 200 at the GA State Championships in 2009. Won the large class 400, 5th in the 200, anchored the 4x4 to win, tan on the 4x1 that finished second. He wasn’t a blip on major track programs either… Ran track at Kennesaw State on scholarship for a year, then UGA as a walkon for three years. Has been the head track coach at Archer HS for about 8 years.

The kid is certainly football fast and I've said since the beginning of his recruitment that love what I see. His tape reminds me of someone else who had ridiculous high school tape who played (briefly) for the Huskers. Played with the same speed and intensity as Fields.

Remember Jared Afalava?

I thought he was going to be the next game-breaking LB for DONU. Didn't pan out.

Gotta temper the enthusiasm until we know what we have.

The kid is certainly football fast and I've said since the beginning of his recruitment that love what I see. His tape reminds me of someone else who had ridiculous high school tape who played (briefly) for the Huskers. Played with the same speed and intensity as Fields.

Remember Jared Afalava?

I thought he was going to be the next game-breaking LB for DONU. Didn't pan out.

Blast from the past.... we had so many fast/high-potential linebackers in that stretch from 2011-2015 yet none of them really panned out. Santos, Rose, Afalava, Newby, Courtney Love, Avery Roberts... Don't get me wrong, several of these guys were good contributors, but certainly weren't All Conference... at least not when they played for us.

Blast from the past.... we had so many fast/high-potential linebackers in that stretch from 2011-2015 yet none of them really panned out. Santos, Rose, Afalava, Newby, Courtney Love, Avery Roberts... Don't get me wrong, several of these guys were good contributors, but certainly weren't All Conference... at least not when they played for us.
Honest question.
Did any of those guys average 18 tackles a game?
I just remember many of them out of position

Last edited:

Remember Jared Afalava?

Was he the guy who broke a teammates jaw at a party or am I thinking of someone else?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back