• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

$$$ talks Sooners and Horns walk

I think Bedlam is gone for football. It has been a mostly one-sided affair in OU’s favor, but the game always drew a substantial national viewership. OU and OSU are the two winningest programs in the Big 12 the last two decades.

Texas is 6th I believe. But I’m sure they’ll be in the SEC hunt every year.

Stassen hasn't yet updated to include the 2022 season -- but 20 years, 2002-2021 ....

Winning percentage, national rank:

Oklahoma, #3
TCU, #12
Texas, #14
Oklahoma State, #16

Okie State wouldn't have moved past Texas with the 2022 season, as UT had a better record than OSU.

The coming days for the PAC 12 will be interesting. Still no media deal and options are limited.
Yep. Sounds like the B1G has quieted on picking off another 2-4 PAC teams. If they can’t work an ACC merger, but can keep OU, UDub, and Stanford, look for SDSU and SMU as adds.

The PAC is in a serious lurch, a lot of it for reasons beyond their control.

My best guess is that Yormark is eyeing an all-out takeover of the conference with security guarantees to member schools that the PAC can’t offer right now.

I see Yormark working on the first “super conference”, that would operate NFL style. He would allow the PAC to be its own “conference”, the Big 12 to be its own, but there would be crossover games and a championship, held at Jerry world, alternating with the Rose Bowl.

Whichever PAC members choose to go their own way are welcome to do so.

Get your popcorn ready.

Last edited:
The PAC is in a serious lurch, a lot of it for reasons beyond their control.

My best guess is that Yormark is eyeing an all-out takeover of the conference with security to member schools that the PAC can’t offer right now.

Whichever PAC members choose to go their own way are welcome to do so.

Get your popcorn ready.
They need better fan support, butts in seats and eyes on the tube makes or breaks you.
The very thing Husker nation is strong on is what brings in the cash, real fans, dedicated and in numbers.
You can take Oregon and between the 2 schools and its entire population come no where near Nebraskas faithful.
USC and UCLA has so many people in their area they start getting into high numbers, but they're gone.

They need better fan support, butts in seats and eyes on the tube makes or breaks you.
The very thing Husker nation is strong on is what brings in the cash, real fans, dedicated and in numbers.
You can take Oregon and between the 2 schools and its entire population come no where near Nebraskas faithful.
USC and UCLA has so many people in their area they start getting into high numbers, but they're gone.

Media value of the PAC, and the B12 for that matter, will not be in the same ballpark as the B1G or SEC for the foreseeable future, if ever. But it doesn’t have to be to have a very viable, national conference.

Last edited:

Media value of the PAC, and the B12 for that matter, will not be in the same ballpark as the B1G or SEC for the foreseeable future, if ever. But it doesn’t have to be to have a very viable, national conference.

The Big 12 can survive and be successful without OU and Texas. I don't think the Pac 12 can after USC and UCLA leave.

The PAC has the numbers, not the die hard fans. San Frans population area is massive and only supports two teams. Same for the states of Washington and Oregon.
Compare them to Mich,Iowa, Ill, and Indy has 3.

The potentials there,it used tobe better with lower populations yet as good if not better fan support.
Its going to be tough for the PAC imo. The Big 12 adding the teams they did has much higher upside imo

The Big 12 can survive and be successful without OU and Texas. I don't think the Pac 12 can after USC and UCLA leave.

I think Pac members know this. Which is why a Big 12 takeover might be their best bet. A super conference that includes most programs west of the Mississippi will have a decent amount of leverage with media. The sum of the conferences is likely worth a lot more than half and half.

Yormark will sell the PAC on this by allowing them to retain a certain amount of their branding and autonomy.

My best guess of course.

Last edited:
I think Pac members know this. Which is why a Big 12 takeover might be their best bet. A super conference that includes most programs west of the Mississippi will have a decent amount of leverage with media. The sum of the conferences is likely worth a lot more than half and half.

Yormark will sell the PAC on this by allowing them to retain a certain amount of their branding and autonomy.

My best guess of course.

It's an interesting idea, I just don't know how they could get it to work.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back