• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is slow burn the new light years?

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
Seems like I'm hearing a lot of slow burn these days. Has that replaced light years? A light year is a super-dee-duper long time, and multiple light years is a multiple of that. So someone tell me about this new slow burn deal.

47d252ec-4944-425e-a68a-8bce793b3d0d_1.784dd0aad238837ce0f9a404742d2984.jpeg

My favorite mis-used expression of this type is the term "quantum leap." A "quantum" is the smallest amount of energy you can have, and a quantum leap is the smallest possible change in an electron's energy. So a quantum leap means an incredibly small change (although a discontinuous change, which is where the word "leap" comes in). But somehow in ordinary conversation it started to mean a huge change - exactly the opposite of the original meaning. So if someone says we will make a quantum leap next year, they'll likely be right according to at least one of the definitions!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back