• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Playoffs 1/28 - 49ers at Eagles, Bengals at Chiefs

I definitely won't count out Kansas City. They know how to win big games -- probably more consistently than any other team over the past several years.

But I do think Mahome's health -- good, bad, or otherwise -- is going to have a significant role. Philly's pass rush is crazy good.

I'm also still a bit concerned with Jalen Hurts's health. I don't think his shoulder is back to 100% -- and he's a hit in the wrong place away from being on the bench. But he did run fairly well today. Yet, he hasn't had to test out his throwing arm much in either playoff wins -- as they were both blowouts with a run-heavy offense.

The Eagles lines -- both sides -- are so much than what the Bengals offer.

Yet I'll never discount the magic of Pat Mahomes.

And, as you said -- Andy Reid. He's been in Super Bowl -- with both KC and Philly. Nick Sirianni is still taking off his shoes at the door.

It's a really fun, interesting matchup -- and I hope as many players as possible are as healthy as possible. Seems like a pretty solid TV ratings draw as well.

Great analysis…Chiefs will have little to no pressure on them since they are used to being at the Super Bowl. Chiefs will probably be the underdogs…great spot for them heading into an exciting game.

Last edited:
I definitely won't count out Kansas City. They know how to win big games -- probably more consistently than any other team over the past several years.

But I do think Mahome's health -- good, bad, or otherwise -- is going to have a significant role. Philly's pass rush is crazy good.

I'm also still a bit concerned with Jalen Hurts's health. I don't think his shoulder is back to 100% -- and he's a hit in the wrong place away from being on the bench. But he did run fairly well today. Yet, he hasn't had to test out his throwing arm much in either playoff wins -- as they were both blowouts with a run-heavy offense.

The Eagles lines -- both sides -- are so much than what the Bengals offer.

Yet I'll never discount the magic of Pat Mahomes.

And, as you said -- Andy Reid. He's been in Super Bowls -- with both KC and Philly. Nick Sirianni is still taking off his shoes at the door.

It's a really fun, interesting matchup -- and I hope as many players as possible are as healthy as possible. Seems like a pretty solid TV ratings draw as well.
Pal, I think the line will be Philly by 2.5

I'll be interested to see how much red versus green is in the stands in Glendale in two weeks. Those are two very rabid fan bases that tend to travel well. The fan scene will be awesome.

Okay, after I take out the fact that at least half the attendance will be corporate -- lol -- sigh.

Last edited:

Eagles. Big. Don't care how healthy or unhealthy Mahomes is. Kelce is pretty good. So was Kittle. Pacheco is not McCaffrey. 49ers had a much better defense. Even if Mahomes is better his WR corps is depleted.

PS...Hurts also has 2 more weeks to get healthy.

Eagles will be able to run all day. Win by 2 scores....

Last edited:
Pal, I think the line will be Philly by 2.5

That seems reasonable.

Yet I wonder if the line will be delayed at all as the oddsmakers await clarity on Mahome's health. I can't imagine they'd do that -- but if they don't, there's potential for lots of line movement.

I'd say if Mahomes can go into the Super Bowl with no apparent hobble, PHL -2.5 is reasonable -- I might go -3.0 or -3.5. Philly would be favored even if Mahomes was 100%.. IF he isn't a lot better physically, something like PHL -5.5 (it wouldn't go 7 or more no matter what).

Last edited:

Great analysis…Chiefs will have little to no pressure on them since they are used to being at the Super Bowl. Chiefs will probably be the underdogs…great spot for them heading into an exciting game.

The Andy Reid storyline will be played up big time.

While Reid didn't win the Super Bowl in Philly, he spent 13 years as head coach of the Eagles. Still longer than his time in KC. 13 years was due to a lot of success. I'm sure Philly was one of the top 1-3 teams in the NFC over that period.

In some ways, I know Philly fans were mostly ready to let him go -- but I am certain they still love Big Red. Just not over the next two weeks. ;)

I'm happy for Andy. His time in Philly was very good, but his time in KC has made him a coaching legend. One more Super Bowl ring would etch that in stone.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back