• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jacksonville with the HUGE Comeback win

I watched…no way were the Chargers winning by that margin. C’mon. The Chargers. :Lol: Fun game. The NFL has been so entertaining the past 2 years.

You really seem fixated on what these guys make. There's more to it than money. They take pride in what they do. There's a reason they've gotten to that level.
Not fixated on anything. It’s the truth. Don’t like it, move along. People act sometimes like these guys are suffering if they get fired. They aren’t, and if they are, they’re blooming idiots. Someday you’ll realize a lot of these coaches just don’t care. They are in it for the money. That’s why there are so few great great coaches.

Not fixated on anything. It’s the truth. Don’t like it, move along. People act sometimes like these guys are suffering if they get fired. They aren’t, and if they are, they’re blooming idiots. Someday you’ll realize a lot of these coaches just don’t care. They are in it for the money. That’s why there are so few great great coaches.
Losing and getting fired absolutely hurts these guys, even if they're financially secure.

They all care. Every single one of them. They worked hard and sacrificed a lot in an unstable business to get to this level. Competition drives them, and they money follows.

Nervous? Why? If he gets fired, they owe him a lot of money. No reason to be nervous.
I suspect it’s less about money and more about pride in their efforts.

Yeah these guys are making life changing money and they’re not going to be hurting financially if they are fired … but … I am sure Staley is wondering am I going to get fired? Is it anxiousness or nervousness or concern? Whatever adjective you use it’s a natural human emotion to to be unsettled when you’re in a situation he’s in.

There are only 32 jobs like his … the opportunity he has does not come around all that often. He may never get this chance again. I tend to agree with @huskrthill … the correct adjective may not be “nervous“ but Staley isn’t walking into the Chargers‘ office on Monday without some modicum of concern (insert whatever adjective you want).

If he has an attitude of “I don’t care if I get fired, I have enough money”, then he shouldn’t be doing this job in the first place. There is such thing as pride in one’s work.

Scott Frost himself was reportedly upset with the timing of his firing and if that can be true then a NFL playoff qualifying coach is certainly welcome to his share of emotions as well.

Last edited:
I suspect it’s less about money and more about pride in their efforts.

Yeah these guys are making life changing money and they’re not going to be hurting financially if they are fired … but … I am sure Staley is wondering am I going to get fired? Is it anxiousness or nervousness or concern? Whatever adjective you use it’s a natural human emotion to to be unsettled when you’re in a situation he’s in.

There are only 32 jobs like his … the opportunity he has does not come around all that often. He may never get this chance again. I tend to agree with @huskrthill … the correct adjective may not be “nervous“ but Staley isn’t walking into the Chargers‘ office on Monday without some modicum of concern (insert whatever adjective you want).

If he has an attitude of “I don’t care if I get fired, I have enough money”, then he shouldn’t be doing this job in the first place. There is such thing as pride in one’s work.

Scott Frost himself was reportedly upset with the timing of his firing and if that can be true then a NFL playoff qualifying coach is certainly welcome to his share of emotions as well.
There is such a thing as pride. For sure. Never suggested otherwise. So your ego gets damaged a bit. Nervousness? Hell no. Nothing to be nervous about. It’s silly to suggest as much. You think Kliff Kingsbury was nervous when he was fired? No chance. He knew it, and probably didn’t give a damn. Hurt ego? Yes. Nervous? No way.

There is such a thing as pride. For sure. Never suggested otherwise. So your ego gets damaged a bit. Nervousness? Hell no. Nothing to be nervous about. It’s silly to suggest as much. You think Kliff Kingsbury was nervous when he was fired? No chance. He knew it, and probably didn’t give a damn. Hurt ego? Yes. Nervous? No way.
So you don’t like the word nervous … fine substitute another adjective that you find suitable.

Different situations with Staley and Kingsbury.

Kingsbury has a non-playoff team that has under performed with very readily apparent QB relationship issues … it would’ve been a surprise to most people (including Kingsbury himself) if KK wasn’t fired.

Staley is in a different situation. By most accounts he has good relationship with his players including Herbert. He’s led the Chargers to the playoffs yet there are a lot of issues swirling including the presence of Sean Payton. In

Nervous is defined as ‘tending to be anxious’ … you’re telling me Staley isn’t going to be at least a little anxious walking into the headquarters tomorrow? You’re supposing your perspective into the situation as I am. At the end of the day this is a semantical discussion.

So you don’t like the word nervous … fine substitute another adjective that you find suitable.

Different situations with Staley and Kingsbury.

Kingsbury has a non-playoff team that has under performed with very readily apparent QB relationship issues … it would’ve been a surprise to most people (including Kingsbury himself) if KK wasn’t fired.

Staley is in a different situation. By most accounts he has good relationship with his players including Herbert. He’s led the Chargers to the playoffs yet there are a lot of issues swirling including the presence of Sean Payton. In

Nervous is defined as ‘tending to be anxious’ … you’re telling me Staley isn’t going to be at least a little anxious walking into the headquarters tomorrow? You’re supposing your perspective into the situation as I am. At the end of the day this is a semantical discussion.
If they fire him, they fire him. So what. He’ll get another job, if he wants one. It’s rarely the end of the road, unless you want it to be, or, you totally suck at what you do.

I, for one, don’t understand the love affair for Sean Payton. He won one super bowl, in 2007. He’s just another coach.

If they fire him, they fire him. So what. He’ll get another job, if he wants one. It’s rarely the end of the road, unless you want it to be, or, you totally suck at what you do.

I, for one, don’t understand the love affair for Sean Payton. He won one super bowl, in 2007. He’s just another coach.
Plus, Payton is set for life and shouldn't even care about coaching, right?

Ya, that sucked, chargers blew it the second half
I didn't have a dog in the fight, so I was just hoping for a good game. It was fun to watch for sure. With my Fish losing today, in a respectable manner, I think I will root for Jacksonville. But I honestly think that the 49ers win the whole thing this year.

I didn't have a dog in the fight, so I was just hoping for a good game. It was fun to watch for sure. With my Fish losing today, in a respectable manner, I think I will root for Jacksonville. But I honestly think that the 49ers win the whole thing this year.
Im hoping the 49ers win it all, always been a fan,

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back