• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Third paid assistant coach?

Could be an interesting hiring decision for Cook this summer.

I am confused by this because whenever they post a picture of the entire team there are always about 8 or 9 people also in the picture along with the 3 main coaches. I am not sure how many of them are paid assistants, volunteers, graduate assistants, or whatever. I see a lot of them during games holding clipboards and I think keeping live stats during games. I have no idea if those guys get paid for that or not.

So, does Cook elevate one of those folks to a paid coaching position...or does he hire someone else from outside the program to come in and help coach?

I am confused by this because whenever they post a picture of the entire team there are always about 8 or 9 people also in the picture along with the 3 main coaches. I am not sure how many of them are paid assistants, volunteers, graduate assistants, or whatever. I see a lot of them during games holding clipboards and I think keeping live stats during games. I have no idea if those guys get paid for that or not.

So, does Cook elevate one of those folks to a paid coaching position...or does he hire someone else from outside the program to come in and help coach?
Cook did not have a volunteer coach this year (except Bud the horse). But those folks you talk about can be found among the support staff.

My guess is someone outside with coaching experience will be hired.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back