• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Oklahoma State comprehensive football thread

They’ve been hit hard at OSU. I’m not sure what is happening. I know OSU is struggling with NIL, or lack of it. I think these players, most of them, are just hunting for more money, because there isn’t a lot of it at OSU. It’s going to be a problem for them. They need to figure out some things.

They’ve been hit hard at OSU. I’m not sure what is happening. I know OSU is struggling with NIL, or lack of it. I think these players, most of them, are just hunting for more money, because there isn’t a lot of it at OSU. It’s going to be a problem for them. They need to figure out some things.

Appears the program has gotten caught by the unawares. There’s not an over-abundance of booster support, but certainly plenty enough to field a highly competitive team. Kind of dug themselves a hole. Maybe Gundy has it figured out and I’ve underestimated him.

Last edited:

The media is all over Gundy about this. Come on, guys. You don't ask a coach about staff changes whilst the current staff is eating their Big Mac while waiting to board the plane back to Oklahoma. Dumb.

Now Gundy could have been nicer, but I don't really blame him. Been a really frustrating season. On the cusp of another special season, loses to TCU in 2OT, then Spencer goes basically AWOL, then he loses a bunch of starters to the portal. Time and a place for these kinds of questions.

Wonder what Shrum thinks? She’s no dummy. I’m guessing some calls and texts are being made.
Shrum and Gundy are fairly tight I believe. I think he also is in good with the AD, Chad Weiberg (spelling). Afternoon sports host in OKC, Jim Traber, says Gundy has no one to answer to, creating a lax coach. He also makes 7 million per. That’s a lot of money for a school like OSU to handle.

They have lost a ton. They recruited very poorly. I’m not sure what’s gonna happen there. One thing I know for sure is, Mike Gundy is very rich, and comfortable. He definitely has lost some hunger. He still wants to win, and he’s a good coach, very good actually, but he’s gotten lazy with recruiting (for many years), and many other aspects around the program. They are weak in NIL, so that plays a factor as well (Boone is dead, no more money, no other mega rich alumni, except Garth). I don’t see Gundy doing this much longer (my own opinion). I think he’s fed up with NIL, and the transfer portal. He’s on cruise control, riding on a 4 more year contract. Easy 28 million. I think, as it stands now, they could have a losing season up there. We will see.

Shrum and Gundy are fairly tight I believe. I think he also is in good with the AD, Chad Weiberg (spelling). Afternoon sports host in OKC, Jim Traber, says Gundy has no one to answer to, creating a lax coach. He also makes 7 million per. That’s a lot of money for a school like OSU to handle.

They have lost a ton. They recruited very poorly. I’m not sure what’s gonna happen there. One thing I know for sure is, Mike Gundy is very rich, and comfortable. He definitely has lost some hunger. He still wants to win, and he’s a good coach, very good actually, but he’s gotten lazy with recruiting (for many years), and many other aspects around the program. They are weak in NIL, so that plays a factor as well (Boone is dead, no more money, no other mega rich alumni, except Garth). I don’t see Gundy doing this much longer (my own opinion). I think he’s fed up with NIL, and the transfer portal. He’s on cruise control, riding on a 4 more year contract. Easy 28 million. I think, as it stands now, they could have a losing season up there. We will see.
Conference schedule hasn’t been released and with four new teams coming in who knows who osu willl play in conference but their non conference schedule in Central Arkansas at home, at Arizona State and home against South Alabama.

Central Arkansas should be a slam dunk but the other two could be toss ups.

Conference schedule hasn’t been released and with four new teams coming in who knows who osu willl play in conference but their non conference schedule in Central Arkansas at home, at Arizona State and home against South Alabama.

Central Arkansas should be a slam dunk but the other two could be toss ups.
Yeah, I’m not sure how I feel. I think what Gundy has done there is phenomenal for what they are. He gets more out of less often, but now, it looks like they’ve been stripped to the bones. I mean, what’s happening there, IMO, is dire. Their recruiting class was not good. 247 has them at #63, with 17 recruits. Not good at all. They will have starter issues, as well as depth issues. He’s going to have to coach his ass off this year to be respectable.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back