• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Colorado names Dion Sanders Head Coach

Recorded kicking one player off the team. Just my opinion, but for more reasons than I can begin to type, I think this was a “prime” example of poor leadership. Does he want their fear or their respect? Watch their faces and body language.

Last edited:
Recorded kicking one player off the team. Just my opinion, but for more reasons than I can begin to type, I think this was a “prime” example of poor leadership. Does he want their fear or their respect? Watch their faces and body language.

No screwing around.

Cant hide behind democracy in the military.
Will it work in coaching? Voting in front of a player instead of discretion, what if he was voted to stay in?
I dont like it.

Last edited:

I think the vote was just a show. He indicated how he expected them to vote after the cancer comment. Kudos to the guys in red that stood up anyway, and the coach (?) on the side that tried to stop what he was doing.
It's one thing to own your actions, but life isnt a in your face vote.
I wouldnt teach that to young people, after all, there is a saying about discretion

I think the vote was just a show. He indicated how he expected them to vote after the cancer comment. Kudos to the guys in red that stood up anyway, and the coach (?) on the side that tried to stop what he was doing.
It does seem that he tried to "influence the vote" with his preface. But we all know stories of players who got kicked off the team who believe "coach had it out for me." This is just a method of showing the player that it's not just the coaches; the majority of the team believes you're bringing down the team.

I'm not fully on board with the "public humiliation" aspect of it. But I don't know the background either. Most guys would do better with a private meeting with coach. But maybe this guy genuinely was a "cancer" on the team, and booting him publicly was the best way to maintain the team attitude.

You may not like the delivery, but there does seem to be a method to his madness.

It does seem that he tried to "influence the vote" with his preface. But we all know stories of players who got kicked off the team who believe "coach had it out for me." This is just a method of showing the player that it's not just the coaches; the majority of the team believes you're bringing down the team.

I'm not fully on board with the "public humiliation" aspect of it. But I don't know the background either. Most guys would do better with a private meeting with coach. But maybe this guy genuinely was a "cancer" on the team, and booting him publicly was the best way to maintain the team attitude.

You may not like the delivery, but there does seem to be a method to his madness.
You're talking about cancerous personalities?
Maybe he could have used a wiser approach even so?

Two issues predominate. First is the decision to have the team vote by standing at a team meeting. Reasonable minds might differ on that approach. The second is allowing the filming of it for an Amazon Prime documentary series. I don’t like that at the college level.

Two issues predominate. First is the decision to have the team vote by standing at a team meeting. Reasonable minds might differ on that approach. The second is allowing the filming of it for an Amazon Prime documentary series. I don’t like that at the college level.

This is why I'm convinced that if he doesn't win quickly he's going to fail quickly. I don't see a middle ground possible here. Win and those guys will buy into his crazy. Lose and he's lost the team immediately.

It's too bad this had to be part of the public documentary for this kid and it couldn't be left behind closed doors as a team.

However,
This culture building generally seemed like a teaching moment about "the team"/family, but maybe not the best delivery. (I'm not arguing should he or shouldn't he have been dismissed, because there is no context on the gravity, duration and magnitude of "the cancer" or what he did and how many times he did it)

Some could look at it as an infancy stage of some sort of a player "Unity Counsel" developing, and holding each other accountable. A player-included unity counsel. Sounds familiar to having a strong culture.

I said it earlier, maybe in another thread...but that is 43rd in High School Recruiting. CP said when he took the job 4 short weeks ago that due to the roster turnover required to rebuild a 1-11 team, he'd rely heavily on the transfer portal at least for this recruiting cycle. This is 2022 and it's a new ball game as far as recruiting in concerned.

Overall, including HS and TP they are 23rd.

View attachment 92632

And currently CU is ranked #2 in the nation in the transfer class. I'd say CP is doing just fine in his first month taking over a 1-11 team.

View attachment 92634
...and likely achieved without Texas A&M like NIL money. Coach Prime definitely has that new car smell. It will be interesting and fun to watch how it plays out the next few years

Can you at least give me a little citation shout out for the Herbie logo? ;)
Just saw your post Ruff, been kinda busy with Christmas and running a jewelry store but yea, I literally can't thank you enough for providing the great Herbie you designed. How have you been? I've kept you in my daily prayers.

Idk. On the one hand, this may crack an already fragile team psyche. On the other hand, this is also accountability and player engagement. There are consequences for actions.

I wonder how different things would have been if some previous NE players would have been held accountable earlier, like Maurice Washington. Maybe it wouldn’t have made a difference at all.

Guess we’ll find out how successfully this approach is come September! GBR.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back