• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Portal in's and out's

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Wonder who on the team will enter the portal and who they may go after?

Seems as though they will need a setter, a DS and a middle at the least.

They have a quality group inbound . . . making the starting lineup may be a challenge except at setter and DS. I think that, individually, they may be stronger candidates than from other recent classes.

Allick, Mendelson and the 2023 MB recruit may be fine at that position. The #1 setter 23 recruit makes it tough to go to the portal unless you lose Orr or Evans, and the top libero 23 recruit may be the DS needed. My guess is that we continue to go to the portal less than other top teams. Also, Cook may see how the spring goes since the 2023 class are early enrollees.

Allick, Mendelson and the 2023 MB recruit may be fine at that position. The #1 setter 23 recruit makes it tough to go to the portal unless you lose Orr or Evans, and the top libero 23 recruit may be the DS needed. My guess is that we continue to go to the portal less than other top teams. Also, Cook may see how the spring goes since the 2023 class are early enrollees.
I read somewhere that the incoming setter, Bergen Reilly, played with the women's national team in a tournament in Costa Rica last summer. If she is good enough to play with grown, professional women players I would hope that she comes in ready to play at a high level in collegiate play. We need someone to take Nicklin Hames' place and I don't think Kennedi Orr or Annie Evans are good enough.

I read somewhere that the incoming setter, Bergen Reilly, played with the women's national team in a tournament in Costa Rica last summer. If she is good enough to play with grown, professional women players I would hope that she comes in ready to play at a high level in collegiate play. We need someone to take Nicklin Hames' place and I don't think Kennedi Orr or Annie Evans are good enough.
I didn’t know this. Here is a link - first high schooler on the Olympic level team in 2 decades. That is amazing experience that should transfer to college.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back