• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WR coach?

I think they are giving Mickey a fair amount of time to see if his personal problems can be "settled down".

If there was not sever physical injury then his wife has a "fork in the road" to discuss with her lawyer.
One fork: go for severe criminal charges for Mickey, in which case he will not be working as a coach for many years, if ever. Bad news for her is that his ability to provide financial support for her and her, I believe six children is gone.

Second fork: Quietly withdraw charges, her lawyer sets up, from a position of strength, a great divorce settlement with alimony and child support, which he can now pay since he would be employable and never contact her again.
She could even "support him" in getting the WR coach job at DONU and then officially divorce him in the spring.

I am sure her lawyer is advising her to take fork #2 as the best option for her family.

This maybe why the WR job remains open.

I think they are giving Mickey a fair amount of time to see if his personal problems can be "settled down".

If there was not sever physical injury then his wife has a "fork in the road" to discuss with her lawyer.
One fork: go for severe criminal charges for Mickey, in which case he will not be working as a coach for many years, if ever. Bad news for her is that his ability to provide financial support for her and her, I believe six children is gone.

Second fork: Quietly withdraw charges, her lawyer sets up, from a position of strength, a great divorce settlement with alimony and child support, which he can now pay since he would be employable and never contact her again.
She could even "support him" in getting the WR coach job at DONU and then officially divorce him in the spring.

I am sure her lawyer is advising her to take fork #2 as the best option for her family.

I hope you are right. His best place for redemption might be here with us.

I'd be shocked if either Rhule or Trev would consider letting Mickey stay on staff after punching his wife. The PR nightmare wouldn't be worth it. I believe she can't change her story after the fact regardless of what her intentions are at this point.

Maybe Chad Savage. Colorado State. WR and recruiting coordinator. Current Mountain West recruiter of the year. Young, Hungry, and has SoCal recruiting ties that I havn't seen elsewhere on this staff. With the conference expanding into LA I think we need to tap into that market.

I actually like this one a lot. No connection to Rhule that I can see

Another good one

Respectfully disagree, Mickey is but a fading memory, let it die.

DE41BB50-1F48-4A6E-902D-266FF1576B31.jpeg

Last edited:

I ask because Dailey does seem qualified and has worked with Rhule.

He is currently the WR coach for Carolina and has been an OC at Liberty and New Mexico.

I don't think playing at NU should disqualify someone if that is who Rhule wants.
Kind of ironic that ex qbs from Nebraska end up coaching

I ask because Dailey does seem qualified and has worked with Rhule.

He is currently the WR coach for Carolina and has been an OC at Liberty and New Mexico.

I don't think playing at NU should disqualify someone if that is who Rhule wants.
I tend to agree with this, albeit somewhat reluctantly. But how is his recruiting? If he can’t recruit then he IS disqualified in my opinion…

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back