• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New DC - Tony White

As I read up on the defense I am intrigued. Like I said yesterday, Wright, Gifford, and our LB should love it. I would think Hausmann will absolutely love it if he pulls out of the portal. I think he is key here. Another key is will our guys tackle.

I think if Hausmann stays it's a win. But we still need DL that can at least get some pressure.

Yep. All those great hybrid athletes that are too big for safety and too small for linebacker at most programs are going to be priority recruits here. Having a bunch of Domann/Nate Gerry types are highly encouraged. Kids like Malachi Coleman who are a little too small as a 4-3 DE can move up on the line or drop into the second level as an outside backer.

Watch 2019 Baylor. That defense was a little undersized, but so freaking fast and tough and they hit hard. Rhule knows exactly what sorts of athletes he wants and can uniquely recruit them, which is super important for Nebraska. He also knows a good 3-3-5 is exotic and a pain in the ass to prepare for as most teams will only see it once all season.

I think we’ll take our lumps with it next season but it should be very interesting moving forward. I love how aggressive both Rhule and White are in their defensive play calling. They’ll be on the same page immediately.

Well, he certainly has made it clear he expects the turnaround to occur in year one, and if not, it must be considered a failure. :Banghead:

It’s funny to see so many people take the position that “I don’t know this guy or anything about him, therefore it must be a bad hire!” I suspect many have an inflated view of their ability to tell the difference between a good or bad hire.
Let’s talk in 2 years. I’ll even give you three if you want it.

Former Polk High great Alphonse Bundy

8e97ad7e-4275-4550-8ec5-4af72361fd28_186733597446890.gif

Yep. All those great hybrid athletes that are too big for safety and too small for linebacker at most programs are going to be priority recruits here. Having a bunch of Domann/Nate Gerry types are highly encouraged. Kids like Malachi Coleman who are a little too small as a 4-3 DE can move up on the line or drop into the second level as an outside backer.

Watch 2019 Baylor. That defense was a little undersized, but so freaking fast and tough and they hit hard. Rhule knows exactly what sorts of athletes he wants and can uniquely recruit them, which is super important for Nebraska. He also knows a good 3-3-5 is exotic and a pain in the ass to prepare for as most teams will only see it once all season.

I think we’ll take our lumps with it next season but it should be very interesting moving forward. I love how aggressive both Rhule and White are in their defensive play calling. They’ll be on the same page immediately.
Looks like a defense that comes along as the season moves on but he’s going to need some speed to run it correctly.

Gary Patterson, Ed Ogeron, Will Muschamp, Jeremy Pruitt to name a few (cue the “you’ll never get those people!!”).
If the Huskers defense sees the kind of improvement Syracuse experienced he won’t be with Nebraska very long. He’s more than paid his dues.

Tell ya what Thom, take a screenshot, put it in your phones calendar, and start a thread on it in a year. You betcha I’ll say I told you so, but if needed I’ll put my foot in my mouth happily.
I do not do the whole I told you so thing. If I am right I am right if wrong , wrong. I just do not see giving up before the fight is even fought. All these coaches except Raiola have been succesful. (Except Raiola) why pee in the Wheaties before they even get started.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back