• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cook Needs to Focus on Coaching

Husker Robbie

Stumblin and Bumblin My Way Through Life
5 Year Member
Perhaps John Cook should stop whining about what time they are playing a game and focus on coaching in stead. His incessant whining every year at the NCAA Tournament is getting old. His focus should be on winning not what time they play.

Part of the problem is the injury to K Knuckles which then resulted in having to rework all the lines and rotations. It was unfortunate and affected all of the players who had played together the entire season until the last two weeks. It definitely makes a difference to your play when you lose one of your best players late in the season.

Part of the problem is the injury to K Knuckles which then resulted in having to rework all the lines and rotations. It was unfortunate and affected all of the players who had played together the entire season until the last two weeks. It definitely makes a difference to your play when you lose one of your best players late in the season.

And Oregon is also a traditionally solid team.

Excellent point. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that if Knuckles is in there today, we don’t flip one or two points in Set 2 or Set 4 and come away with the win. She’s a difference maker in serving, serve-receive, and digging. Not making excuses for the team. Every team deals with injuries. But not easy for any coach, even Cook, to overcome losing such a key player at this stage of the season.

Perhaps John Cook should stop whining about what time they are playing a game and focus on coaching in stead. His incessant whining every year at the NCAA Tournament is getting old. His focus should be on winning not what time they play.
He is a great coach. The team had issues that they could not overcome at this time. Let it go. The man's credentials speak for itself. Enjoy basketball, now. :)

Right, the other team has to play at the same time. Man up!

And BTW, it appeared as though there were about 100 -150 NU fans there. Good on them.

I'd be willing to bet that there will be a lot of tickets for sale for the finals in Omaha.

Last edited:

Fun season to watch. Disapponted it ended so early, this team was the deepest I can remember top to bottom.

One player doesn't make or break a team...but the Knuckles injury probably kept the team out of the finals.

Reloaded with our top recruiting class and they have a real shot again next season. Mendleson can now move over to basketball where they also are dealing with injuries. Perhaps she can provide a nice spark .

I think it’s apparent he could use some message board input from true experts. Oh, and I’m pretty sure Nick Saban would have a surly attitude if his team was playing a bowl or playoff game at 10:00 am.
Ha!!!! This is WOMENS VOLLEYBALL!!!! Let's try to keep the comparisons in the same universe. The football audience determines that Coach Saban would NEVER be playing at 10:00am where the volleyball audience dictates games be played.

As for message board experts: They have noticed that when Coach Cook focuses on his team at the tournament, he generally wins or at least advances well into the tournament. When complaining like a petulant child, this year and others as of late, they get run. He was focused last year and was successful. 2021 - Throttled by Texas after complaining what channel they were on.

The team deserves to have a coach talking about them and not TV or any other Cook perceived gripe.

Agreed. Feel sorry for her to not be able to play. Must have been crushing inside for her.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back