• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Defensive Coordinator

Am I the only one who is starting to get concerned that we haven't announced a hire yet?
I'm going to assume he already has his guy and that guy is still coaching. Would be odd to hire a bunch of defensive assistants without knowing who your actual DC would be. Guessing it's basically a done deal outside of an annoucement.

Could be dead wrong, but just wouldn't make a lot of sense to pull the trigger on the assistant hires for any other reason.

Last edited:

I don't think there's any doubt he has his guy. Has he shown any form of ineptitude? Not so far. Just like we got impatient while waiting for Trev to name Rhule, this is similar. I would think our recruits know. I would prefer a college guy like Leonhard, Schumann or even Patterson. There is going to be a lot of players coming and going now. I also think our team is in better condition than Temple and Baylor were when he started there. Here's hoping he hits it out of the park. The way our defense finished up, even with the loss of Hausmann I still think our defense is in pretty decent shape. His glaring areas of need are DL and OL and probably WR.

I don't think there's any doubt he has his guy. Has he shown any form of ineptitude? Not so far. Just like we got impatient while waiting for Trev to name Rhule, this is similar. I would think our recruits know. I would prefer a college guy like Leonhard, Schumann or even Patterson. There is going to be a lot of players coming and going now. I also think our team is in better condition than Temple and Baylor were when he started there. Here's hoping he hits it out of the park. The way our defense finished up, even with the loss of Hausmann I still think our defense is in pretty decent shape. His glaring areas of need are DL and OL and probably WR.

If the recruits knew, we would know who it is by now.

I don't think there's any doubt he has his guy. Has he shown any form of ineptitude?
You mean other than getting fired from his last coaching job? ;)
1670372866136.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back