• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Portal QB's for the Huskers to consider

WOW! Is his plan just to go around the country and get as many NIL deals from as many schools as possible? Yikes

Edit: It appears to be fake
Unless a star QB locks up 6 figure NIL money they will be open to jumping somewhere else for more money. It really is much worse than the NFL where at least players have contracts and can't instantly jump ship for more $$$. Some can sing the praises of NIL but I have serious doubts it will be good for college football long term.

QB is one of the most important positions on a football team. Why do we have to go the the portal every year to fill holes on the depth chart? Poor planning, development, and recruiting?

We should be 2-3 deep at QB.
Poor planning, development, and recruiting? This was all true of the last staff but in this instance most kids aren't willing to wait especially if they believe they can start somewhere else. This is really true for quarterbacks. A lot of those kids have been told they are the man since they were in 8th grade and so sitting on the bench is not an option and honestly a lot of this could be parent driven.

I'm all for the portal. I think athletes should have the ability to move without sitting out but this kind of roster turnover and impatience by the payers is what we, as fans, are going to have to deal with. There are supposedly "penalties" for other schools recruiting kids who are on scholarship at others schools but you have to believe that crap is going on across the country. Hopefully, in the next couple of years the NCAA (or a new governing body) can get this figured with some controls put in place so it doesn't look like the wild west.

QB is one of the most important positions on a football team. Why do we have to go the the portal every year to fill holes on the depth chart? Poor planning, development, and recruiting?

We should be 2-3 deep at QB.
Moving forward I am hopeful we won't need to, but with the way guys transfer at the QB position it's difficult to get anyone to wait to be developed anymore. You can't have just 2 guys in that room. It needs to be at the very least 3-4 deep. Tough to do.

Poor planning, development, and recruiting? This was all true of the last staff but in this instance most kids aren't willing to wait especially if they believe they can start somewhere else. This is really true for quarterbacks. A lot of those kids have been told they are the man since they were in 8th grade and so sitting on the bench is not an option and honestly a lot of this could be parent driven.

I'm all for the portal. I think athletes should have the ability to move without sitting out but this kind of roster turnover and impatience by the payers is what we, as fans, are going to have to deal with. There are supposedly "penalties" for other schools recruiting kids who are on scholarship at others schools but you have to believe that crap is going on across the country. Hopefully, in the next couple of years the NCAA (or a new governing body) can get this figured with some controls put in place so it doesn't look like the wild west.
It already looks like the Wild West.

Slovis in the portal for the second time as well.

It reminds me of free agency, which I guess is good for the player, but I'm not sure this us what folks had in mind when this was implemented.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back