• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

All-Conference Drought

jpmandm

Long time listener, first time caller
10 Year Member
One second teamer and a couple honorable mentions. Congrats to those guys, but that tells you all you need to know about our current situation. To be an elite team, you need a couple All-Americans and several all conference players. I think Rhule understands that development and recruiting are paramount to any future success. #GBR

Last edited:

This was just the defensive team. But we won't do any better when the offensive team is announced. I'll predict Palmer will be second team, and Vokolek might get honorable mention.

When you consider how anemic our offensive was Palmer might have been the best receiver in the BIG this season.

I was surprised how teams tried to cover him when it was clear you couldn't play him in single man. You just can't.

I don’t believe Nelson should be on any all conference team. Mostly, his play was junk. That guy got pushed around by Northwestern in the opener, and more of the same throughout the season. I’m shocked he was picked.

I don’t believe Nelson should be on any all conference team. Mostly, his play was junk. That guy got pushed around by Northwestern in the opener, and more of the same throughout the season. I’m shocked he was picked.

Wow. Completely disagree.

He's graded out as a top 40 edge player in FBS.

He didn't win games single handedly or look like Grant Wistrom, but the kid is a player.

This was just the defensive team. But we won't do any better when the offensive team is announced. I'll predict Palmer will be second team, and Vokolek might get honorable mention.
Palmer will probably get second team but deserves first. Harrison and Co. didn’t play good enough teams. Jones deserves first thought. But Palmer had 9 TDs which tied for second most

One second teamer and a couple honorable mentions. Congrats to those guys, but that tells you all you need to know about our current situation. To be an elite team, you need a couple All-Americans and several all conference players. I think Rhule understands that development and recruiting are paramount to any future success. #GBR
Yes, but... If we had gone 7-5 with these guys, we would have seen more accolades. It works both ways. Voters don't notice the guys on losing teams, unless they're absolute freaks like Suh or Novak (I know Suh wasn't on a losing team, just an example).

Wow. Completely disagree.

He's graded out as a top 40 edge player in FBS.

He didn't win games single handedly or look like Grant Wistrom, but the kid is a player.
Yeah, we won’t agree. He danced with the OT’s all year long, unable to shed blocks and get after the QB, and when he did make a rare good play, he let you know it by celebrating. I’m not sure how anyone could see it any differently. Not saying he doesn’t have some ability, but he is nowhere near an all conference type player. He is NOT a difference maker. He sure talks a good game though.

Yeah, we won’t agree. He danced with the OT’s all year long, unable to shed blocks and get after the QB, and when he did make a rare good play, he let you know it by celebrating. I’m not sure how anyone could see it any differently. Not saying he doesn’t have some ability, but he is nowhere near an all conference type player. He is NOT a difference maker. He sure talks a good game though.

Ok

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back