• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Matt Ruhle Introductory Press Conference Thread (Monday 28 November 1:30 PM CST)

Very impressed with the vision he laid out, going out of his way to highlight Huskers' traditions, thanks to lots of people, clear in value and expectation of hard work, and unquestioningly setting the goal of returning to national prominence. All delivered with a passion that indicates he's not just saying what people want to hear, but fully believes every word he's saying. Rubber won't hit the road until next season, but I sure did like what I heard today.

OK, I just listened to Coach Rhule's (our 31st HC) introduction speech. I am cautiously excited, but I was also excited after Frost's first speech. Some of the points I gleaned from HCMR are these:
  • He is the son of a Minister
  • Good relationship with his wife
  • Leadership is a way of life
  • He wants to build a team that's tuff & hard working-maybe bring back the Full Back
  • Not going to be a spread team but old school team-and a physical team
  • He believes you win games by winning the line of scrimmage
  • He will recruit men that want to be at NU to get an education and play great football
  • He will respect our tradition and honor
  • Getting us back will be difficult
  • He plans on recruiting speed and in a 500 miles radius-including Florida and New Jersey
  • Sounds like he knows how to develop players

Last edited:

Respecting the current players and wanting their input is big. The last coach pretty much came in and claimed the cupboard was bare. I think being honest and interested in what the current players see and feel is pretty damned important. There are many guys on the current roster that can develop and become damn good football players. He needs to get those guys to stay and completely buy in.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back