• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Under Rhule

SierraRed

I'm pretty good at drinking beer
5 Year Member
It looks like we may not lose many recruits with this hire. What about the flip side? Is Rhule going to be able to convince other HS players that we are righting the ship, and maybe improve this class?

It looks like we may not lose many recruits with this hire. What about the flip side? Is Rhule going to be able to convince other HS players that we are righting the ship, and maybe improve this class?
I’d expect him to bring in guys that aren’t 4 or 5 stars and turn them into studs, especially on the oline.

The key in my mind is to bring in Guys that fit your system and have the right mentality, probably a mix of mostly 3 stars and then mix in some 4 and 5 stars to put you over the top. Just my opinion ;)

I expect Nebraska to have a bigger presence in Texas going forward

I would like to think you are correct considering Rhule's history there (and my personal preference for Texas athletes), but in reality, the BIG doesn't have much exposure there and with the SEC gaining a stronger foothold to the area it will be a tough row to hoe. Definitely worth trying though. Tired of seeing Florida guys come up for a semester and leaving.

His first visit should be to check in on an Omaha QB to let him know that sometimes things happen for a reason and that he should re-think NU.

I would also like to hear his O-line recruiting philosophy.

I just can't do it.....................yet.

koolaid.gif

I expect Nebraska to have a bigger presence in Texas going forward
I disagree, at Temple he had zero Texas recruits to his name, yes not 1. he then goes to Baylor and recruits Texas kids but if I go back and look at Baylor classes they all come from Texas so I read the tea leaves like this. He recruited Texas for three years under Baylors flag when they always get Texas kids. Plus he hasn’t recruit Texas in 3 years. recruit relationships with kids take years to build. I hope he can, but all coaches think they can recruit Texas. well see soon as he needs to put a class together

I would like to think you are correct considering Rhule's history there (and my personal preference for Texas athletes), but in reality, the BIG doesn't have much exposure there and with the SEC gaining a stronger foothold to the area it will be a tough row to hoe. Definitely worth trying though. Tired of seeing Florida guys come up for a semester and leaving.
Heck pal, the winter is tough on these guys, give them a pass.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back