• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rhule reportedly turned us down. Update: Well Maybe Not

What is the scholarship count on the oline? There is a lot of numbers there, just waiting for development, coaching, and a coherent strategy.
Official roster has 25 offensive linemen listed. One source has 14 of them scholarship. Assuming the other 11 are walk-ons. I agree that we are waiting/needing the development, coaching and strategy.

It's humorous to me that people ding Rhule for his short stints at his previous collegiate jobs. Why would any coach stay at Temple when a P5 school comes calling? And how can you hold it against Rhule that he left Baylor for a chance in the NFL and 62 mil guaranteed?
This right here is what too many don't (or won't) understand. Had success, was afforded a better opportunity. Most people on this Earth would do the exact same in his situation.

It's humorous to me that people ding Rhule for his short stints at his previous collegiate jobs. Why would any coach stay at Temple when a P5 school comes calling? And how can you hold it against Rhule that he left Baylor for a chance in the NFL and 62 mil guaranteed?
And there we go...a couple guys here with a perfectly good raging rant suddenly doused with a squirt of logic.

You say he can recruit but his win lose record says different, if I guy can recruit why is he on the losing end more than not. or is like our storyline top 25 recruiting and 3 wins per year. If he could recruit he’d have more wins
Because his losing seasons all come with someone else’s recruits in his first year of coaching a team. You can’t recruit for the job that you don’t have. Once again, you are making no sense at all.

Last edited:

I just waded through the last 15 painful pages of this thread. After a while I gave up reading and just had to skim.

OG, you certainly are tenacious with your position, and you're certainly entitled to it. I'm not rosy on Rhule, but cautiously hopeful.

Something to consider that I don't recall seeing (might have skimmed over it, sorry) is that we don't need a new coach to transport us directly to the Holy Land by year three. All we really need is a coach that can move our needle back towards relevance from the depths of mediocrity. Then, if he bails, or we decide he is not getting it done as much as we wanted, at least we will be less of a train wreck than present day, and thus a more appealing job for the next coach to take us to the next level. That might be a two or three coach process.

It would be nice to start bowling again more often than not. Maybe get ranked once in a while. Maybe even appear in a CCG, wow! Progress matters more than perfection right now, for the long game. IMO Rhule may not take us to the Holy Land, but I'm supremely confident he can move our needle and get us on our way. For now, for me, forward progress is enough.
Excellent post

Many of those dudes were well regarded as well. They aren’t all a bunch of scabs that’s for sure.
Corcoran, Benhart, Piper, Prohaska everyone was high on when they signed. I honestly believe these guys could make a serviceable line if they ran schemes that let them succeed. We need to move the pocket more and possibly use a tight end in backfield once in a while.

I'm from suburbs of Philly. Temple is where coaches go to die. North Philly is a dump

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back