• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NEW POLL: Is Rhule the coach?

Is Rhule the new Huskers coach?

• 100% done deal

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • 90-99% - all that’s left are small details

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • 80-89% - close but no cigar just yet

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • 70-79% - it could happen but might not

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • 69% and under - we are still looking at several options

Votes: 21 19.8%

• Total voters
Wherever they are in it, if it's him. I wanted UM so meh, if it's Ruhle then I hope he kick azz and takes names. Just don't say anything cocky or stupid, focus on developing the players.
I am hoping he has quality connections to coordinators and position coaches to develop our players. Plus we need to overhaul the whole program like S&C, nutrition, etc. like Urban said when he was interviewed

Thanks for clarifying, yes it is a clown show on here, but did you expect anything else? As for Trev, will disagree for now. Time will tell how he's played this, but the fact nobody knows a damn thing leads me to believe pretty well.
I sincerly hope we're all pleasantly surprised with a WOW hire! My guess is it's going to be middle of the road ho-hum type of hire. I hope I'm wrong and potential recruits see our new Nebraska HC as a real opportunity to play for a winning program.

There isn't a single coach out there that all would agree is a WOW hire (not in a positive way). UM is the closest, but there is far from universal agreement on him.

The greatest coach in the history of sports!
I’d argue that with you, all day long, as I think Osborne is the greatest ever college football coach. Tom could have easily won more NC’s, easily. He also did what he did at Nebraska, which we are all seeing, is not easy. Saban, while a very good coach who gets it, does it with the best players at nearly every position, in an area where recruiting is more bountiful, and definitely easier. You can cal me bias, but that’s the truth. Just think, what if Tom was an Alabama guy? He’d have crushed it there, just like he did at Nebraska.

If it's been a smokescreen it's been a dang good one.
I know I’m in the minority, but Rhule or Mickey, I’ll take Mickey. With where this program is, I’m rolling the dice that Mickey can change this programs path. New staff, great recruiter, treats people well, players love him…….yeah, I think NU’s talent level with Mickey has a damn good upward trajectory. You have to recruit. Hard. I’m not interested in turning a 2* talent into a 5* talent 3-4 years later. You need guys who can go get the players. It’s time for NU to try a black HC, and Mickey is that shot. He’s right in front of them.

Mickey has had 8 games to prove his mettle. He's shown he a great motivator and leader. He's also .250. On numerous occasions he's admitted that he's learning as he goes. He's stated multiple times he needs to do a better job of coaching and play calling and then he doesn't.
We've had opportunities to win in most of the games he's coached and in many cases, including our last game, a W was within out grasp and Mickey let the putrid offensive play calling continue. Why is anyone willing to give him more years to learn OTJ at our expense? I don't get it. A wide receivers coach being offered a blue blood P5 HC job? Only at NU and only because he played here.
Bring in someone who already knows how to coach at this level.

Just so yall know, Matt Rhules NFL record and Mike Rileys are the same. Yussss saying all this garbage about the NFL being a different beast is nonsense, its played with the same ball on the same field with the same players. It counts.

Just so yall know, Matt Rhules NFL record and Mike Rileys are the same. Yussss saying all this garbage about the NFL being a different beast is nonsense, its played with the same ball on the same field with the same players. It counts.

Three of the all-time greats might disagree...but don't let stats stand in your way.

Nick Saban CFB record: 278-29-1
Nick Saban NFL record: 15-17

Urban Meyer CFB record: 187-32
Urban Meyer NFL record: 2-11

Steve Spurrier CFB record: 228-89-2
Steve Spurrier NFL record: 12-20

GET TICKETS

Back